Profile additions/changes

Perhaps you've found on a bug on the site or want to request a new feature to Khy'eras? Or maybe there's a continuity error in the lore? For any problems or comments, let us know here!
Kitty soot_sprite
Writer
Loyal cat slave

Profile additions/changes

Post by Kitty soot_sprite »

Memoria was looking for some suggestions on the profile pages to change them in ways the community would like. Here's a link to a google doc with notes about the differences between the site profile (as it is now) and Mahkasad's plotter profile that he's been using and recommending.
The one item that isn't noted is that I'd like for the "writer" fields to be excluded from the editing page for "character" profiles, simply because it's confusing especially to newbies, and I'm lazy and don't like having to scroll down.

Please feel free to add more suggestions in replies!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10hE ... sp=sharing
"But I am very poorly today and very stupid and hate everybody and everything." - Charles Darwin, letter, 1 October 1861
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Profile additions/changes

Post by Memoria »

Kitty soot_sprite wrote: February 11th, 2020, 4:19 amThe one item that isn't noted is that I'd like for the "writer" fields to be excluded from the editing page for "character" profiles, simply because it's confusing especially to newbies, and I'm lazy and don't like having to scroll down.
For this, within the UCP are you referring to fields such as contact fields (Facebook, website, discord, etc.), character list, occupation, interests, etc.? If so, I can hide those if the "Writer Name" field is filled out. Would that work? This is how I've coded the actual profile view where certain fields do not show if there is something defined in "Writer Name". The reason I did it this way is that if some one has not created a writer account (or if they have not filled out that field), they can still provide information with contact info, preferences, etc.
Kitty soot_sprite
Writer
Loyal cat slave

Post by Kitty soot_sprite »

Yes, it's all the "Miscellaneous Fields" at the top that are really more writer relevant than character relevant. Having it hidden if there's a writer name at the bottom would be great. I would leave "Pronunciation", "Title", "Avatar Credit", and "Signature Credit" as those could be wanted on a character rather than writer basis.

Thanks (and sorry it took me forever and three days to get back to you, life sucks sometimes)
"But I am very poorly today and very stupid and hate everybody and everything." - Charles Darwin, letter, 1 October 1861
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Post by Memoria »

These features should be added now, @Kitty soot_sprite. Notes are here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=325.