Homecoming[Open]

Seian returns to his home city after a long absence

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c
Race: Human
Class: Rogue

Re: Homecoming[Open]

Post by Artemis Black »

Artemis had to keep down a hearty laugh when the man jumped. He’d had his measure right when he imagined he was more used to the safer places of the world. That or he was a mage, the kinds that flexed their minds and spirits but let the body waste away. Artemis suddenly felt wary, a do-gooder mage in Fellsgard would be very troublesome if they didn’t know the rules. He had coin for the day and wanted to know more about this man.

“It’s a dangerous thing that, challenging thieves. How about I buy you a drink for the effort? Also, just in case that mob back there gets the fire for justice in their guts.” Artemis offered a hand out to the tall man, but didn’t give a name. It was foolish to give possible magic folks your name. They tended to wag their tongues if the black watch ever caught up.

After his introduction the thief turned and walked into the street, heading for a sailor's tavern. It didn't matter over much if the possible-mage followed him, he'd enjoy a drink on the fool of a thug he'd robbed during the scuffle with or without company.
Word count: 203
Dáire
Character
Level
48 / 48 HP
32 / 32 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 10c
Race: Kerasoka
Class: Ranger and Rogue

Post by Dáire »

Landing soundlessly, Dáire straightened up and eyed the small tavern before him. Why must they always want to meet him in such locations? He’d already successful left the fine silks off with the tracer in the south of the city, now to face the music about his slightly damaged parcel of powder that from what he’d heard; was more valuable than gold dust. Straightening his tunic and pulling his hood back up, Dáire pushed the door and entered the Sailors Tavern that sat beside the northern docks.

His gaze passed over the entire dingy room as he strode in, there went many patrons in there this evening, it must have been a quiet night at the docks. His attention snagged on his employer. A burley man that he suspected was in his late 40’s, sat hunched over the bar, obviously several drinks worse for wear at this point. Dáire just hoped he hadn't already spent his fee on bad ale.

Gliding over he slipped onto the stool beside the man, and wished he’d held his breath. The man was in dire need of a bath, the stench that wafted off his stung Dáire’s more sensitive nose. The man tensed, apparently expecting trouble? Not a good sign. Pulling his deep hood back just far enough, so as the man could recognise him, Dáire gave him a meaningful look before reaching into his cloak and half removing the package from a pocket. Having recognised him, the portly man grunted, covertly sliding Dáire 10 silver pieces. Satisfied, he passed the inconspicuous package over to the man. Rising and turning to leave as swiftly as possible, he stopped in his tracks as a human dressed similarly to him, was followed in by none other than the tall human who had almost cost him his fee, if not his skin if he’d lost that much money.
Word count: 321
Seian Verian
Character
Dragonsoul Wizard
Level
24 / 24 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Class: Druid and Wizard

Post by Seian Verian »

Warily, Seian took the stranger's hand, and followed him.

"Well, a drink would be appreciated... Take the edge off of all this."

They went into the tavern, and Seian glanced around. It was a typical tavern of its sort, not perhaps the most reputable, but certain to have strong enough ale that most of its patrons would find little to object to.

He was startled when, as he glanced around, he noticed a familiar face- It was the elvish thief from before!

"Gods no." he said, not too loudly or fearfully, but with some dismay.

If a real fight erupted here, it'd be disastrous.
Word count: 104
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

The tavern was crowded, as it always was when the ships came in. He settled in and ordered a strong pair of drinks. He was preparing to pass a mug to the tall fellow when he caught him staring. He followed the man’s eyes to their earlier elf companion. He smacked the big man's side lightly. “You’re gawking like a fish and asking for trouble. Leave him alone and he’ll do the same for you,” he said as he shoved a mug into the man’s hand.

“What’s it they call you anyway, besides mountain,” Artemis asked with a smile before taking a hearty swig of his drink. He let his eyes drift past the man to track the dangerous elf. The two men weren’t impressive for their bulk among the sailors, but they still stood a measure taller. “If he comes this way, don’t throw your stick at him please. It’ll bonk some other fool and we’ll all catch bruises or worse, spill our drinks,” he added as he noticed the jumpiness of his drinking companion.
Word count: 185
Seian Verian
Character
Dragonsoul Wizard
Level
24 / 24 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Seian Verian »

"Er, yes, of course..." Seian muttered, as he was admonished by the young man to stop staring.

He turned, and accepted the mug from the man with a muttered "thank you".

When asked for his name, he responded,

"My name's Seian."

At the next reminder not to start trouble, Seian let out a laugh.

"Believe me, I'm not really trying to start any fights. Though I suppose I don't fit in much on the streets. Maybe I am a giant, but mostly I'm just a nervous little scholar- Well, not 'little', but you know what I mean. I grew up here, but I was always a little sheltered."

Was he saying too much? He babbled sometimes, he knew that, just saying what came to mind. He might be saying too much.

He looked at the man. "What about you? Er, I mean, um... That is... Oh, well, I don't know your name yet, though I've given mine."
Word count: 157
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

“Black is what they call me, at least around here,” Artemis said back with an easy grin. “So, you’re a scholar, and a local one at that. What possessed you to travel? I don’t remember too many bookish types leaving the city if they can avoid it.” Artemis was curious enough and didn’t have anything better he felt like doing at the moment.

He wondered if this Seian fellow could get him into some of the more academic areas. Those folks always had spare things on them, and tended to be a rather trusting and naïve sort as long as you didn’t muss with their research. There was something to be said for making a few friends in those places, even if only for how easy they could be to befriend. Often all you had to do was listen to an academic ramble about their problems, give them a bit of vague encouragement, and then offer a round of drinks or easy women. After they woke up just make sure they make it to their next bit of lecture or research, and you’re suddenly a reliable friend for life.

The only question was, what sort was this man really. He looked a scholar, but the staff and clear want to stick his neck out were both rather worrisome signs.
Word count: 225
Seian Verian
Character
Dragonsoul Wizard
Level
24 / 24 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Seian Verian »

"Well..." Seian said, hesitating at the man's question, though he'd long thought about what his excuse would be for being gone if asked.

"I went to visit at a university in Ajteire. There's some things I couldn't find in local libraries, so I thought I would go out and learn what I could out there."

Not that he would have much to show for it that he could actually share, given that he'd actually been studying with druids in the jungles. It had been an interesting experience, though one dismally lacking in the conveniences of civilization, but not one he could really afford to tell random strangers about while he was here in Fellsgard.

In truth, he was quite aware that he really didn't know this man. He'd grown up a bit sheltered, had a tendency to get lost in his own head, and didn't always have the right answer to a sudden situation, but he did know enough to realize there was a good chance this man's friendliness was backed by a desire to get something from him. On reflection, he realized he was lucky that this tavern hadn't been some thieves' den that he would walk into and never be seen again. The waterfront district could be rather dangerous.

Of course, there was still time for things to go wrong... Though if they were going to, it was perhaps a bit late now to avoid that. He decided to keep talking to Black.

"And you? You live here in the city, I take it? Spend a lot of time here around the docks?"
Word count: 265
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

“I do, born and raised here. As for time at the docks, not if I can avoid it. Though I like to keep apprised of the occasional comings and goings of interesting folks. You seemed to fit the bill, even before you got yourself into a scuffle.” Artemis chuckled to himself and enjoyed a long slow drink.

“So, you’re the sort that travels for knowledge; always interesting. Tell me, do the Fae truly sparkle with all the colors of gems?” He grinned broadly, hoping to work his way into any interesting news or knowledge. He wasn’t the sort of man that would leave the city. He was born here, struggled here, and would one day die here.

“I do a business of sorts, exchanging interesting stories with outsiders and enterprising citizens. There’s always a market for new and exciting tales, even the mundane from a distance can be intriguing.” He swirled his drink slowly as he spoke, every so often letting his eyes flick around the room, and his head tilt to follow a sound or distant conversation.

“You must have a place you stay here in the city? Can we walk and talk. I can promise you to get you home safely, I’ve got no interest in blood today and you’ve got your talents I’d like to avoid seeing.” He raised his mug with his brow, the eagerness to be moving plain on his smiling face.
Word count: 243