I'l Fana Kelbé (The White Hart tavern) [Adventurers welcome]

Welcome to I'l Fanaa Kelbé (The White Hart tavern), A tavern run by Elves for Elves, but if you are in need of coin, the ladies who rule this place might have a job for you

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Elára Vëa
Character
Quimellë,
Level
24 / 24 HP
16 / 16 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Kerasoka
Class: Monk and Rogue

I'l Fana Kelbé (The White Hart tavern) [Adventurers welcome]

Post by Elára Vëa »

Ealárea stepped down and into the main part of the tavern, her stern gaze looking out at the small number of people who were here at such an early hour. Most of them were Elves, of course ... this was known as a place for Elves in a city full of Humans. It was where they could relax without the suspicious or distrustful eyes of the Humans who dominated Fellsguard.

"Nara," she said, calling a young serving girl's attention. "Where is Mistress Aurae?" She asked, referring to the proprietress and boss of the establishment.

The young Elven girl shook her head. "I don't know, Ealárea, ma'am. She went out first thing; said she had business in the slums."

The older woman nodded. "Very well. Go on with your work, and let me know if when we get a contractor, and tell Raen he isn't having another drink for two more hours. His head is already starting to reach the table and it's not even noon."

"Yes, Ealárea, of course." The girl gave a quick bob, and off she went.

The older Elf moved behind the bar, inspecting it. Aurae was queen here, but Ealárea also held a whip and wasn't afraid to crack it. She might seem like just a manager of the tavern, under Aurae, but her role was to grant people jobs for coin. Most of these jobs involved some degree of illegality somewhere ... it's why they came here and not to the Noble Houses, but they had to be careful. The best jobs with the most coin were almost always given to other Elves, but if someone needed work, and there was work to be done, Ealárea wouldn't turn people away automatically. Hate breeds hate, and there was enough of that in this world, already.

Pouring herself a small cup of strong spirits, she lent on the bar, watching the door. Soon, someone would come, and she had just the job for them ...
Last edited by Elára Vëa on October 18th, 2019, 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 330

"What is it? I am very busy and important."
Raen Silver
Character
Almá/Bard
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Kerasoka
Class: Bard

Re: I'l Fana Kelbé (The White Hart tavern) [Adventurers welcome]

Post by Raen Silver »

Raen groaned when he was told that he wasn't allowed of the wine he had started drinking "But i's my day off!" He protested, to Nara, but knew better than to challenge it; especially if a Quimellë had given the order! Elára was not to be crossed!

He sighed, reaching down and picking up his lute, he strummed a gentle tune, singing low with a sweet young voice.

"And the elven prince was sad at hear,
All because he wanted to take his part,
In the grand tradition of getting shit-faced drunk!
But wary he is to risk the ..."

His brow furrowed. "What to write next?" It was not his forte, writing, though he sang beautifully. In fact, it was his voice more than his looks that got the ladies (and occasional gent) to his bed.

Elára Vëa looked up from a book she was writing in, no doubt updating the contract list. "If you'll indulge me, young Almá; can I request The Song of Láeta? she said, referring to a warriors who gave her life to save her true love.

Rain smiled. "It would be my pleasure, Quimellë! his hand moved to the starting chord, strumming a few times.

"Tall and proud, the warrior did not weep,
For she had seek her sweet on as she lay down to sleep.
But now ..."

His song was interrupted as a someone stepped into the tavern. He raised a brow, and then put his head down as the person made his way to Elára. He had no business listening in to the shadier deals of the tavern, unless he was requested to help out!

So, quieter now, he sang:

"Bewitched by her strength and pride,
My heart aches for a witch most fair.
With tawny eyes that promised never to cry,
She knows not that her beauty sentences me to die."

Nara passed his table and gave him a sardonic grin. "Completely terrible," she laughed, but not unkindly. "But it's sweet you're trying to pursue the Human; don't let Aurae find out!"

"Were it only possible!" He lamented. "She has herself a man, and seems quite happy ... damn it all."

Nara patted his shoulder as she moved away with a tray of mugs, and Raen continued to play to tiny crowd of three people who weren't even listening to him.
Word count: 393

"There is no greater gift than that of verse well given."