Thyme in the Wilds - Root Camp [Completed]

In the heart of Ninraih's jungles, the Fae created the city of Ajteire, protected from the undead by the magic of fireflies and a pact with the Kerasoka. The complex network of trees, vines, and plants helps to keep unwanted visitors out. Read more...
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Disciples of Balance, Defender of the Woods
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Elemental and Shapeshifter
Class: Druid

Re: Thyme in the Wilds - Root Camp

Post by Harroc Crownegrove »

Chloe got through her entire cup of tea and decided to rest for a moment before rising and getting a second cup. "So warm," she murmured as Harroc’s hand continued to gently caress and hold her. Harroc grinned and looked down at her, watching her breathing slow as she experienced the lingering effects of essence loss. He’d expected her to fall asleep much earlier, but was pleased to have his tea while she rested.

He managed to get his second cup without disturbing her and nodded in appreciation of the shift in flavor. Chloe had been correct that the flavor would change significantly. The raspberry was sweeter, the mint sharper but shorter lived, and finally the other ingredients seemed to add a new layer of lingering taste. ‘Need to talk to Colle about this, I think it would be good for recovery, he mused to himself as he returned to softly stroking Chloe’s hair and cheek.

“You have a lot to learn young one. I hope I can teach you all that you desire," he said in a whisper before shifting his seat to be more comfortable. The sound of the river seemed to grow louder as his awareness extended outward.

Chloe snapped awake with a single panicked thought. "The stew!” she tried to shout out while leaping to her feet. Unfortunately all she managed was a garbled huff and several coughs as her body reminded her of the day’s exertions.

“Unless I miss my guess, nothing has burned," Harroc said quietly, leaning over her with a broad grin. Chloe stared up in him with confusion plain on her features. After a moment she smelled the delicious scent of cooked meat and vegetables. Harroc was right, there was no sour scent of burning, and the sound of slow bubbling liquid made it clear the stew was fine.

“When did I-" she started, before blushing intensely and slowly lifting herself up to sitting. ‘You fell asleep on his lap like a child,’ she chastised herself silently, feeling her shame burn her cheeks.

“It is a common side effect of essence loss. The body expects the energy, when it finds nothing it over compensates," Harroc replied evenly, moving his hand forward to sweep strands of hair behind her ear. "You look very cute when you are asleep. It makes me want to see you like that more often."

Chloe’s eyes went wide and she blinked several times before giving herself a shake. "Uh- I should check- Stew," she said inarticulately before getting to her feet and walking over to the cooking pot. She used a cleaned stalk to shift the stew’s contents and assess its readiness. "We could eat now if you want, it won’t change flavor too much more with reduction."

Harroc nodded silently and moved over to Chloe’s pack. He removed a set of bowls, spoons, and a ladle he’d seen before. "You came very prepared. Do you always carry two sets?" he asked her as he set the utensils on the table and brought the ladle and bowls to her.

She smiled sheepishly and took the ladle. "I don't. Nethra told me you don’t usually have this stuff and I figured I’d bring extra if we needed it," Chloe revealed as she stirred the soup with her ladle and began to serve.

“A good idea, and she speaks truly. I often rely on only a knife and my hands, though more from habit than any actual opposition." Harroc watched the stew being served and felt anticipation build. He’d been attempting to ignore the enticing smells wafting from the pot for nearly an hour now, and now that the stew was soon to be tasted his eyes swirled with excitement.

Chloe laughed softly as she served him his final ladle’s worth. "You really like food don’t you? You look just as excited for this as you were to claim me earlier."

Harroc blushed, opening his mouth several times before responding. The memory of the morning was very clear to him, and he still felt lingering feelings. The wolf didn’t truly control him, merely take what he felt and amplify it beyond reason. "I- I believe it is one of the easiest and most rewarding pleasures to indulge," he managed finally after several embarrassed seconds of silence.

“Well I hope you find it satisfying. If not, I think I’m willing to let you mark me a few more times to make up for it," Chloe said with a smirk and a wink. ‘Pouring it on are we?’ she sassed herself. ‘Hey, he likes it and you won’t be bitching when he’s pressing into us working away with his mouth,’ she snapped back to her thoughts.

Harroc accepted his bowl of stew and moved to sit at the table, settling in to wait for his companion. Chloe served her own bowl of stew and sent to sit beside him, letting her leg press against his. "Please, dig in," she said with a grin and pointed with her spoon.

Harroc nodded and leaned down and enjoyed the tingling warmth drifting off his food. The strong smell of herbs and warmed nuts filled his nostrils and he took a moment to enjoy a second breath. The second time, he noticed the lingering smell of meat and tang of carrots.

With slow exaggerated movements he collected a spoonful, making sure to get some vegetables and a piece of meat. He lifted the spoon to eye level and examined it intensely. The broth was thick, almost like a sauce, and the colors of all the ingredients were vibrant and enticing.

He opened his mouth and shoved the spoon in, curling his tongue to remove the stew before humming in pleasure. The sharpness of the nutty flavor mingled with the powerful flavor of carrot. The meat was falling apart, and had soaked up the flavors of the herbs and vegetables eagerly.

Harroc swallowed and immediately collected a second spoonful into his mouth before Chloe could even react. He rumbled softly and and wiggled slightly in enjoyment. When he’d finally swallowed, he opened his eyes to look at her. His irises twisted and swirled violently, a vibrant glow actually lighting his cheeks.

“I take it you like it then?” Chloe said with a laugh before taking her own spoonful and continuing. "I’m a bit disappointed you can’t eat it the same as the cat’s paw. It’s very enjoyable to watch you indulge like that." She stared into his eyes and flushed with pride.

“It is delicious, the flavors are complex but not overwhelming," Harroc replied before taking another slightly too full spoonful. He frowned as a piece of vegetable fell back into his stew, then shrugged and enjoyed another mouthful of flavor. "It warms the chest and stomach, I would like it more after a fight I think."

‘Or after a good fuck,’ Chloe’s thoughts added. She choked slightly at the intensity of the idea, but realized it did sound particularly pleasant. ‘Ride him until he’s exhausted, then enjoy a good slow-cooked stew and the warmth of his skin,’ she decided she was not opposed at all.

Harroc finished another two bowls of stew before he felt satisfied. Chloe indulged him easily, piling each bowl with as much vegetable and meat as she could. "I hope you don’t fall asleep on me later, I’m looking forward to feeling you against me," she said with a smirk as she got her own second bowl while he started on his third.
Word count: 1278
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Harroc sighed in contentment as he dropped his spoon into the bowl and burped softly. "That was far more than I should ever have, but I could not stop myself," he said, looking over to Chloe with a broad grin. She raised an eyebrow and smirked back at him.

"Oh, I’m sure there’s plenty more I could offer you," she said as she stretched her arms above her head. She let out a small groan of pleasure as her back and shoulders cracked softly, some of the tension suddenly fading away. "Can we have another bath then tonight?" she asked after a moment, noticing Harroc was still staring at her lazily.

He shook himself slightly, his eyes refocusing and snapping to her face. "Of course, I have not felt anything worrisome since we arrived and the river is much more pure this close to the source." Harroc rose suddenly, and Chloe hid a smile as she confirmed her suspicion.

‘He was pretty direct and brazen before, losing control really did put him off kilter,’ she thought as she also rose to follow Harroc to the riverside. "It’s pretty deep and moving quick, think we can just get away with dipping in here?" she asked as she looked down at the cool water rushing by.

"I think I can redirect some water, can you collect material for a fire that could last the night?" Harroc said after a moment of consideration. Chloe shrugged and moved away to gather dried plant stalks and fallen branches. She spent about ten minutes moving around getting together a good pile of materials and bringing them back to camp.

When she felt she had enough she walked over to Harroc who was frowning intensely with concentration. "What are you- oh, wow!" Chloe’s surprise and excitement was plain and she only barely avoided wrapping Harroc in a tight hug.

Down on the edge of the river, jutting out from the bank, was a series of stone walls several inches thick. They formed a tub that would be about up to chest height with a bench lining opposite sides. Beneath the tub was a shelf clearly designed to hold bundles of firewood.

Harroc stood on the bank unmoving for several more seconds as he made final adjustments to smooth the ragged edges before finally letting loose a long slow breath. "That was exhausting," he managed to get out before Chloe collided with him.

"You made a bath!" she exclaimed and squeezed him firmly. "I’ll get the wood in, you just rest." She immediately released him and moved to her haphazard pile of materials. Sorting them all into useful piles she made small bundles that would burn well and began bringing them over to where Harroc stood.

For his part, Harroc simply sat on the ground trying to catch his breath. "I have- not used so much- before," he managed to get out and smiled through his faint panting. "Difficult, like trying to lift things at the edge of your reach," he explained.

Chloe stopped her piling of the fuel bundles and looked to Harroc clearly concerned. "You’ll recover fine right? Nothing too long lasting?" She seemed to get nervous when he didn’t reply immediately and continued talking quickly, "I mean I’m really looking forward to a relaxing soak, but not if it means you’ll be exhausted all night."

Harroc shrugged finally. "I do not think it will be troublesome. I will avoid further shaping this evening though," he said, offering her a smile. "It is nice to know you worry about me, or perhaps about my ability to ‘be felt against you’." He looked very serious for a moment before breaking into a devious smirk. "I promise that will be no trouble, now finish working with the fire so I can gaze at you while I rest."

Chloe choked in surprise and felt a flush run up her neck. ‘Why are you acting like a maiden, you’ve said plainly you want to fuck him, and now your getting all tittery when he says anything back?’ her less forgiving thoughts sassed her. "Of course," she actually said, clearing her throat. "Nothing like a nice relaxing bath to admire me in."
Word count: 711
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

The bath gets a fire and water; Harroc gets undressed with Chloe’s help.
To view this content, you must log in.  ]
Last edited by Harroc Crownegrove on February 11th, 2020, 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 14
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Chloe gets undressed and the bath is ready.
Last edited by Harroc Crownegrove on February 11th, 2020, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 8
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

The bath gets steamy until Chloe tries something different.
Last edited by Harroc Crownegrove on February 11th, 2020, 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 9
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Harroc growled, not in a teasing or indulgent way, but in the way a predator warns an enemy they’ve made a dangerous mistake. Chloe’s eyes went wide as the sound doused her arousal and sent a spike of fear through her chest. Harroc rose, faster than she thought he could even move. Instead of falling from his lap into the water, she was held up, his hand clamped around her neck like a vice.

"What-" she gasped out, her eyes wide with looming terror as power radiated off the man who had been so loving and warm a moment ago. She wasn’t quite choking, but she could feel her vision start to fade as the blood failed to reach her head.

"Never take the form of another without permission," Harroc ground out through a rolling growl. "They are not beasts, and you are not above them." His eyes shifted and glowed with an intensity she’d never seen.

"I- I’m-" she started before he dropped her suddenly. She felt her body hit the bottom of the bath, the unforgiving stone slamming into her shoulder as she choked on water flooding her throat. She floundered, trying desperately to right herself before she blacked out. She felt her body force a shift, reverting back to a form she knew well.

Then she felt long powerful arms wrap around her and lift her from the water. She choked and coughed, water still trying to go down her throat in a last effort to end her. When she finally was able to suck in a deep lungful of air her body shuddered violently. As the panic that had gripped her receded she realized she’d been face down, not moving towards the surface like she thought.

"Do you need healing?" Harroc asked her quietly, a deep concern clear in his voice as he lowered her to rest on one of the benches. He seemed to be moving very carefully and Chloe looked up at him. She was still a bit dazed, the lingering fear and panic telling her she needed to run, to escape the danger before he killed her out of hand.

She tried to speak, to say anything, but only managed to start another fit of coughing and choking. He knelt down beside her, the worry plain on his face as he avoided touching her. She took in another shuddering breath and blinked several times to focus her eyes.

"What happened?" she asked weakly, her voice scratchy from all the rough treatment it had suffered in the past few minutes. She felt like she’d run another day’s worth of jungle and then been beaten by the river.

"I- I reacted. You broke one of the only rules I hold above all, and I just-" Harroc shook his head and frowned as he reviewed his own actions. "All of the warmth and excitement became anger, and I lashed out." he managed after a moment of reflection. "I am deeply sorry, and understand if you wish for me to return you home immediately."

He looked up at her, clearly searching desperately for a way to fix what he had done. She watched him for several silent moments before shaking her head slowly. She had known her ploy might not work - although she hadn’t expected the intensity of his response. Coughing slightly, she raised her chin. "We’re here to do a job. I’m not leaving it half done."

Shoving her soaked hair behind her ears, she glared at him. "You really should stop toying with me if you’re not going to fuck me." Her voice wobbled a little as she chastised him. She crossed her arms over her chest and put on her best scowl, shoving her apprehension away. Until now, he hadn’t been violent or uncaring; he was actively trying to make sure she wasn’t hurt despite his actions.

Harroc blinked slowly, clearly unsure what he was supposed to do next. "Do you need healing?" he asked again, clearly reaching for any sort of action he could take.
Word count: 687
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Chloe huffed, her shoulders dropping. "What I wanted was a good dicking," she snapped back. "You're the one that got me hot and bothered. You said you'd only fuck your mate but you're all over me like you have every intention of fucking me. Bhelest's balls, I figured if you wanted to fuck your mate so badly I'd give you a way to do it!"

She jabbed her finger at him, anger hiding her embarrassment and apprehension. "What the actual fuck Harroc? Are you just messing with me for your own twisted enjoyment or something?" She was almost shouting at him now.

Harroc looked very confused, he winced slightly when she started shouting, but otherwise did not back down in the slightest. It was clear he didn't understand what he'd done wrong besides hurting her and the gears in his head weren't coming up with any answers.

"I do not understand," he finally managed, frowning slightly at her indignation.

"What do you mean, you don't understand?" Chloe sputtered. "You've been kissing me, biting me, touching me all over, and not stopping me from doing any of the same to you either! Why would you do that - any of that - unless you wanted to fuck me?" Her face was flushed with the increasing warmth of the water and the heat of her indignation.

"Those things all feel good and you seemed to like them?" Harroc said with a shrug. "I like feeling good. I have never done this sort of thing until recently."

"Of course it feels good and I like it! That's why people have sex, you idiot." She beat her fists into the water. "Why would you keep doing all the stuff that makes sex feel good - except for the actual penetrating part - and then not finish it, unless you're just being some kind of cruel jerk?" Between her frustration, the embarrassment of failing, and her slowly fading arousal, she felt like she might cry.

"The penetrating part-" Harroc started, looking pensive. "I do not know what that is like. Wait-" he frowned fiercely and then suddenly looked very worried. "This is like the flirting thing. Oh no."

"What flirting thing," Chloe half-snarled at him. She crossed her arms back over her chest and leaned against the side of the bath. "You lead people on that way too? That's just cruel- and not who I thought you were." She shook her head and sighed angrily.

"Colle explained many things the other day. Apparently many people use implied meaning when they flirt, and I was saying things that could be seen as-" he stopped mid-sentence and looked extremely sad. "I am very sorry, I did not mean to-'' he stopped again, clearly searching for a word.

"Be an asshole?" Chloe finished, her voice still harsh. "Hold on. Are you saying that you actually didn't know all that-" She waved her hand vaguely in the air. "Is pretty much sex?!" Her face contracted in disbelief.

He nodded slowly, looking even more regretful. "I have spent very little time around others or in safe places," he offered dejectedly, not looking at her now.

"So did you even know I was making a pass at you and trying to get into your pants? Uh, figuratively speaking," she said, rushing at the end.

"I- yes? Colle taught me about that a few days ago. The day before we left I think. Nethra wanted to wrestle, but her companion just wanted sex. Though, I guess Nethra also likely wanted sex. This is all very confusing.” Harroc frowned as he went over the events of that day.

'Oh fuck, he really doesn't get it,' Chloe thought. "I'm kind of surprised that your girlfriend - mate - didn't tell you about sex including kissing and biting and all, especially if she knows you're so new to all this." She tapped her fingers on her arm.

"Colle is not a girl. Colle is my Honey. They do not have breasts, but do have a nice penis. They are a they," Harroc said quickly, an edge of irritation in his voice.
Word count: 687
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

"Wait, what?" Chloe stared at him, dumbfounded. "You said mate, but Colle - has a dick?" She let her arms unfold somewhat absently.

"Yes, though mine is bigger," Harroc grinned at the memory. "It tastes nice, and is fun to hold. Touching it makes my Honey happy and loud."

Staring at him, Chloe's eyes opened wide. "Do you only have sex with men then? Also, yeah, your dick is on the big side," she mumbled. "And I don't need to know how your - lover tastes."

"No? I do not know. Looking at your skin, I want to taste you and claim you," Harroc offered, though he sounded less sure of himself than he had when speaking about Colle.

She blinked. "You can like both. Some people do." Trying to keep from staring at him in disbelief, she looked across the clearing.

"Then I like both. You taste good too. I want to make you loud," Harroc seemed pleased with himself.

Chloe raised an eyebrow. "So you want to have sex with me and Colle?" she asked, feeling like she was maybe getting a handle on things.

Harroc scrunched up his face for a moment, clearly thinking. Then his face brightened, and then he broke into a broad grin. "I think that would be very fun."

"Wait, at the same time?!" Chloe's mouth dropped open. "Not what I meant, but okay. Right. Threesomes. Uh, does Colle know about this?" She stammered slightly.

"Is that not done? It seems like it would be nice," Harroc said, losing his smile. "I think they were afraid you were going to steal me. They have lost mates before to others," he sounded like this troubled him more than he was showing.

She shut her eyes for a minute, trying to gather her thoughts. Colle hadn't been wrong to be concerned, she mused. "Sometimes? Three people having sex is usually more a one-time thing from what I've heard," she said slowly.

"I still want to take you as my mate. If I have to pass your challenge to do that and take Colle's place, then I will," she said with a firm nod of her head.

Harroc focused on her intensely as she spoke. He was clearly soaking up the information like an eager student. When she finished with her declaration, he grinned broadly. "I look forward to your challenge, though I think you will find my mate was not chosen casually."

Chloe shrugged. "If you say so." Even knowing that Colle wasn't female, she was still confident that she was the better option. Maybe she could find out what Harroc's challenge was and start working on, or polishing, her skills.

"May I massage you again? I am concerned my overreaction ruined any benefit you had gained." Harroc smiled weakly, clearly still regretting his actions.

"Maybe after I've washed off," Chloe replied, her thoughts bending toward his mysterious challenge again. "Could you get my soap from my pack?"

"Of course," Harroc said a little quickly as he rose and moved out of the bath, water pouring off him in rivulets. He strode across the clearing and rifled through her pack quickly before returning with a bar of soap. He stopped just behind her shoulder and offered it out to her, seemingly oblivious of his groin beside her head.

"Thank- do you have to stick your dick in my face?" she grumbled as she took the soap from him.

"Oh, sorry," he said, blushing and stepping back as soon as she had taken the soap. "I will need to be more aware of this. I am not used to keeping track."

Sighing, she ran a hand over her face. "Why don't you go find your soap and you can get cleaned off," she suggested.
Word count: 628
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Harroc gives himself a very thorough cleaning.
Last edited by Harroc Crownegrove on February 11th, 2020, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 7
Harroc Crownegrove
Character
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Chloe takes a short walk.

Chloe took a few deep breaths, willing the flush she knew was on her cheeks to fade before she headed back to the camp. Then she sensed more than heard Harroc approaching and a rush of arousal and agitation reddened her cheeks further.

"Are you unharmed?" he asked, concern plain in his still husky voice from around the broad trunk of the tree she was resting against. Chloe frowned as she was suddenly inundated with the thick scent of verdant greenery.

"Uh. I'm fine," she said, not looking at him so she wouldn't meet his eyes. She pushed herself off the tree to stand upright. "Why does it smell like the jungle in midsummer? Is there a vinebeast or something like that running around?" She felt a short sharp spike of fear in her stomach.

"I do not sense anything nearby," Harroc said, his eyes suddenly going distant for a moment. "Oh, you are smelling my essence." He grinned at the realization. "It is my energy concentrated. It should fade before over long, there are many plants that hunger for essence here."

Chole stared at him. "Why is your - essence - all over the place then?"

"I do not understand, where else would it be?" Harroc asked with a frown.

"Why does it smell so strongly? I don't remember smelling anything like this when you gave me some earlier," she said, wrinkling her nose slightly. She tried to recall as much as she could about that, but a scent like this she thought she'd remember.

"The essence I gave you was not concentrated, or released from my body in the same way. Though I imagine if I tried to recreate this through my other channels the result would be similar," he responded with a shrug. "I believe it builds up, much like it would for a non-elemental, though in this case it can be absorbed."

"Released from - oh. Okay, that's a little weird. Pretty sure most guys- release doesn't smell like that," Chloe remarked. She started to walk slowly toward the camp.

"I learned that recently as well. It is also green, and tastes like nectar. Very strange things all, I believe my body is odd in more ways than I have ever realized," Harroc said with a shrug as he looked down at himself before following Chloe.
Last edited by Harroc Crownegrove on February 11th, 2020, 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 395