Looking for anyone interested in a Fae dirtbag ^-^

I'm brand new and wanna get started! I'm excited! Woo!

Characters can be lonely, but thankfully, we have Wanted Ads to fulfill a writer's desires. Want your persona to adopt five children or find the love of their life? Is it possible that you require an arch-nemesis? Whatever the request, start an ad here and see what lucky souls respond.
QueenSunflower
Writer

Looking for anyone interested in a Fae dirtbag ^-^

Post by QueenSunflower »

Hello! Still brand new to the site, but the more I read, the more excited I get! Everything looks so fun and well-thought out, so I thought I'd make a post here and see who'd be up for a thread or two, cuz I wanna jump right in! ^-^

The character I made is a Fae Rogue named Dovetail. They're very hush-hush about their backstory, but it's pretty obvious upon first seeing them that they're pretty shady. I decided that Verdant Row would be as good a place as any for this kind of character to start things out, so they're going to be there looking to either make or waste as much money as possible.

Right now I'm hoping to find characters that are either going to give Dovetail some opportunities to put their less-than-reputable skills to the test, someone who's willing to take their meager savings in exchange for anything interesting, or someone to just meet and spend time with while they're on the lookout for ways to occupy their time. Right now I'm really just trying to dip my toes in the water and get a feel for things, so I'm mostly just sticking to some broad topics until I can get a really good sense of where I wanna take their story. I'm also super open to any other ideas anyone might have!
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Looking for anyone interested in a Fae dirtbag ^-^

Post by Memoria »

I don't have any characters that I can throw at Dovetail, but I'd be happy to create a random NPC to help you cause trouble! You can start a thread and let me know where it is. Or, you could look at one of the Achievements for guidance on where to start. Think of them as writing prompts or inspiration. Each city also has "Starting Point" threads which are basically threads for new people to gather at, so there's those as well.
QueenSunflower
Writer

Post by QueenSunflower »

I'd like to have at least a brief NPC encounter! I might also do the starting point, haha, I'm just a bit nervous about making sure I can write for the setting properly.

But as far as the NPC, would there be anyone in Verdant Row offering work of some kind? Either something adventurous or something shady, maybe both, but Dovetail is mainly looking to get hired by whatever means necessary. Thank you so much for the help! I'll probably need more, haha...
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Post by Memoria »

QueenSunflower wrote: May 19th, 2020, 12:37 amBut as far as the NPC, would there be anyone in Verdant Row offering work of some kind? Either something adventurous or something shady, maybe both, but Dovetail is mainly looking to get hired by whatever means necessary.
Oh definitely. Verdant Row is the place for shady and risky work. I'll think of something and try to get an idea out this weekend!