Nice to meet you

Meba's Introduction

Feeling new and lost in the woods? Stop by and post a topic introducing yourself! How did you get to Khy'eras? What's your favorite song, movie, food, drink, etc.? How long have you been roleplaying? Write as little or as much as you want.
Meba
Writer

Nice to meet you

Post by Meba »

Good day, Khyeras.

My name is Maria, I'm 25 and from the United States.

Jumping in, I found this place in a rpg directory and I'm very happy to be here. Looking around, the set up reminds me of a similar site I was active on during 2012, which I considered my first role play home, but unfortunately, it closed shortly after I settled there. I've been bouncing around since, but I find myself drawn back to the fantasy genre.

I began rping in December of 2008 and I'm happy to say my skill has definitely improved. I love writing, especially character driven scenes. Dialogue is actually my favorite thing to write, but I like to think of myself as fairly well-rounded in the creative writing department. Outside of the internet, I have two cats - Diablo and Blue. They are great and needy for affection almost constantly. I work an office job and am blessed with plenty of internet access. I also love to learn new things and try different hobbies often.

Some of the things I've dabbled into over the years -

Cooking/Baking
Embroidery
Quilting
Tarot Reading
2-D Art
Bookbinding
Lucid Dreaming
Literature
Language - Spanish, Japanese

Mostly hobbies that let me express myself.

Last but not least, I love video games, usually single player adventure, rpgs, etc.

Elderscroll Series, Dragon Age, Kingdom Hearts, Spider-Man, Fable, Breath of the Wild, Stardew Valley, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Okami, Overwatch, Civilization, etc etc.

I think that's plenty to start with. Can't wait to meet you all. Thanks for having me. :)
Adira
Writer
=One s m i l e is all I need=

Re: Nice to meet you

Post by Adira »

Hello Meba!

Thanks for posting an introductory, I love reading them. ♥ I'm actually new to the site as well just joined a handful of days ago. I dragged with me my best friend, Aine. Who you'll no doubt see around Khy'eras. I'm sorry to hear about the one site you were apart of closing. I think it's always really tragic when you lose a home you cared about. But it's awesome you found this place and have been enjoying what you've see so far. I was also drawn to this place, although I didn't find it, Aine gets the credit for that since she was the one who site hunted.

We have a pet thread in the general forum if you ever care to share some pictures of your adorable kitties. I used to have one cat of my own and technically a second one who I semi-adopted from my brother. But my current home doesn't allow pets.

I love all the things you've dabbed in. A few of them I've done myself, but never thought to mention them in my introduction, so you've given me some ideas for when I get around to writing mine. I'm curious though! Have you ever played a civilization game by the name of CIV City Rome? It's one of my favorite ones (it's very dated though lol) and I've put like...300 hours into it on steam. xD

Best of luck with your journey here! I'm not sure if you've made a character yet, but when you do I'm excited to see where you take your story!
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Post by Memoria »

Hi Meba! Welcome to Khy'eras. I am happy you found your way here and hope that we may fuel your muse with lots of stories to be told!

I am also a baker by hobby! It is a bit of a challenge where I am, because I live at high altitude, but I make it work and love handing out sweet goodies to friends and family. We will have to trade recipes some time.
Aine
Writer

Post by Aine »

Nice to meet you Meba and welcome! c: Oh, I think it's really neat that you've tried lucid dreaming. Does that include writing down your dreams in a journal? Have you actually been able to lucid dream? That has always been a rather fascinating subject to me. I also really love Elder Scrolls, although have only played their more recent games (Oblivion, Skyrim, and Elder Scrolls Online). I've been a Legend of Zelda fan for ages, and I loved Breath of the Wild. ♥ Look forward to seeing you around here!