Awkward Hello

Ozreus attempts an Introduction charisma check

Feeling new and lost in the woods? Stop by and post a topic introducing yourself! How did you get to Khy'eras? What's your favorite song, movie, food, drink, etc.? How long have you been roleplaying? Write as little or as much as you want.
Ozreus
Writer
Eldritch Invoker

Awkward Hello

Post by Ozreus »

Hello all! I hope everyone is doing well! My name's Ozreus (or Jake works if you're feeling literal) and I'm so glad to be here! Let's see, I've been playing on forum RPG's 5 maybe 6 years now though it's been very on and off and I still consider myself pretty new to the whole hobby. I feel like I've got pretty good writing skills though, English was one of my favorite subjects in school and I used to write quite a bit as a kid. That said it's been a long time since school so I'm probably rusty and feel free to bring something to my attention that's driving you crazy and I'll try to fix it (your help and advice is always appreciated)

I'm a huge gamer, it fills most of my free time, and am usually playing something about every night of the week. I'm usually on my computer so it frees up the TV for the family (feel free to PM/DM me for friend details, I'm on Steam, Epic, GOG, PSN) some of the games I play include Endless Space 2, Pathfinder Kingmaker, Pillars of Eternity 1&2, The Witcher 3, Noita, Sundered, Armello, DayZ, Rimworld, Divinity Original Sin 2, Destiny 2, Greedfall.

I read quite a bit, some of my favorite authors include R.A. Salvatore, J.R.R. Tolkien, David Eddings, Dean Koontz, Preston & Child, Brandon Sanderson, Brian Jacques, Andrzej Sapkowski. There are a ton more that I'm forgetting to add but those are usually my favorites and I draw some inspiration from what I read (as I'm sure everybody does).

When it comes to plotting and such I may be a bit lax, I'm not the best at coming up with things on the fly or neat plots/quests all of the time. I'm getting better since I first started playing D&D a couple of years ago but my creative genius comes only occasionally and it usually doesn't last very long. You'll have to bear with me while I come up with some things and the defaults that I will usually fall back on to help fuel my brain will probably be Lord of the Rings, Elder Scrolls, Stormlight Archive, Forgotten Realms, etc.

Everyone I've talked to already has been so helpful already and I'm really excited to get writing and making some friends! A MASSIVE thank-you to Memoria for creating this site and making everything that's been done and will be done possible.

Also, after reading a few posts done by all you amazing people, I feel like I should add this as well. I post on the slower, shorter side, if it's an issue I'll try to make them longer and quicker for you. Occasionally I can crank out good length posts but on average, and as a heads up, mine will be a bit shorter. I'll go now before I beat this dead horse anymore lol.
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Awkward Hello

Post by Memoria »

Hi again, @Ozreus! Welcome to the game. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with, especially with all the gaming background you have. :D
Ozreus
Writer
Eldritch Invoker

Re: Awkward Hello

Post by Ozreus »

Thanks Memoria! Ended up getting lost in all the madness early last year but really looking forward to getting a character added now and writing some fun stuff, gonna maybe take a look at some want ads for a bit and get some inspiration up. Sorry for ghosting last year.