Salutations!

Feeling new and lost in the woods? Stop by and post a topic introducing yourself! How did you get to Khy'eras? What's your favorite song, movie, food, drink, etc.? How long have you been roleplaying? Write as little or as much as you want.
Seven
Writer
Lord Eyeless

Salutations!

Post by Seven »

Name's Seven! Talked to a few of you already on Discord but, now that I'm off work and have some time, thought I'd write some things down about me. I've been roleplaying on forums off and on since about 2013 or so (only just started compared to most everyone I've met) but I've always loved to read and enjoyed writing, hopefully I'm still pretty good at writing. I may be a bit slow responding, a career and a medium sized family will do that lol, but I'll try to keep a good pace so things don't lag. One of the biggest things that help me write is music, I'll usually get a playlist together on Spotify or YouTube for certain characters. When writing I'll listen to whatever helps me the most so my tastes run nearly the entire genre spectrum from New Age to Rock to Metal, if it helps me with a certain feel then I listen. I mentioned my love of reading earlier and I've always enjoyed reading fantasy ever since I picked up the Lord of the Rings in my junior high library. Since then I've increased my top fantasy to include works from Brandon Sanderson, David Eddings, Neil Gaiman, George R.R. Martin, Andrzej Sapkowski, R.A. Salvatore. The Stormlight Archive by Sanderson and the Forgotten Realms books by Salvatore are my all time favorites currently.

So there's a bit about me as regards roleplaying, now a little random info about me and we should be good! Gonna list these off(because Memoria's idea is really cool!)!
1. I'm a brony, my daughters got me hooked to My Little Pony. Pinkie Pie is my spirit animal.
2. I love rainstorms/thunderstorms, I'm from Utah but I'd give just about anything to live somewhere really rainy like Washington or Oregon. Just your friendly neighborhood pluviophile!
3. I'm pretty introverted, it's a lot better than when I was younger but still would prefer staying at my house than doing something social out in the world. Our favorite park we love to go to we picked because there's hardly ever anyone there (mostly my choice).
4. I am a dental lab technician, I make dentures, crowns and bridges though the last two are quite a bit more fun than making dentures.
5. Some of my favorite TV shows include: Firefly, The Orville, Rick & Morty, The Office, Parks and Rec, Friends (though it's been awhile since I've watched that one), The Dragon Prince, RWBY, Sherlock, The Shannara Chronicles, iZombie, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet, Rurouni Kenshin, The Umbrella Academy.
6. Favorite movies include: Hacksaw Ridge, Stonehearst Asylum, The Island, LOTR, The Hobbit, Back to the Future, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Spectral, Monty Python and the Holy Grail
7. I've only played D&D once in my life (over nearly a year) I had a blast but it was a bigger time commitment than I could justify supporting. I'm planning on running a My Little Pony D&D for my daughters.
8. I LOVE playing video games, some all time favorites: Jak and Daxter, Elder Scrolls anything, Pillars of Eternity 1&2, Borderlands series, Grand Theft Auto V, Armello, Rimworld, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Assassin's Creed Origins, Uncharted series, Divinity Original Sin 2, The Last of Us, Spintires Mudrunner.
9.This is harder than I thought.
10. Favorite color is orange, plus I like black & white.

And that's the wonderful world of Seven! If you ever need to get a hold of me feel free to PM here or DM me over Discord, I don't always keep up with the general chat.
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Salutations!

Post by Memoria »

I've only played D&D once in my life (over nearly a year) I had a blast but it was a bigger time commitment than I could justify supporting. I'm planning on running a My Little Pony D&D for my daughters.
Welcome, again, Seven!

I've played very few D&D type campaigns also. I once played a full and lengthy Pathfinder campaign and then a very short Shadowrun game. I definitely want to get back into it some day and I'm planning on doing a conversion to use Khy'eras for Pathfinder (eventually). I hope you have fun running My Little Pony adventurers with your girls!
Seven
Writer
Lord Eyeless

Re: Salutations!

Post by Seven »

It'll be a blast, even got my wife to make a character! I'm really glad I played for as long as I did, very good learning experience with running a game and how to get the rules to work around good story telling. I look forward to joining another group someday in the future.

Thank you for the welcome Memoria, I'm really excited to write with everyone and thank you for all your hard work you've done for the site (can't say enough how awesome it looks and how well thought out the lore and history are!).