Good Evening!

Feeling new and lost in the woods? Stop by and post a topic introducing yourself! How did you get to Khy'eras? What's your favorite song, movie, food, drink, etc.? How long have you been roleplaying? Write as little or as much as you want.
Inzhuci
Writer
Not a Geologist

Good Evening!

Post by Inzhuci »

To maintain the pace of having a new thread pop up in here every day, hello!

I'm Inzhuci, and as a brief introduction to myself have been roleplaying for the better part of two decades, which makes me alarmingly aware of how old I'm getting. I cut my teeth on Pen and Paper roleplaying games, but transitioned to written variations when I started college. I have a fascination with ancient cultures, their artifacts and religious beliefs in particular, and have found myself buried in Native American scholarship for the last few years of my academic life. When I'm not reading, teaching or working I can usually be found doing my best to imitate a potato in the cold dark in front of my monitor. Outside of writing and pretending not to have a thesis to work on, I am fond of cooking, gardening and video games.

In keeping with Incredibly Important Forum Tradition, here are ten random facts about me.

1. I talk to my cat, often without even drinking beforehand.

2. I am a member of the Osage Nation and am currently studying the language.

3. The best Final Fantasy is VIII. I am willing to fight over this fact.

4. My first task as a junior Registrar was to clean a Victorian-era chamber pot. It was as unpleasant as it sounds.

5. In a curious twist, though my parentage is Native American I grew up in Britain.

6. I can't handle spicy food. I keep trying anyway.

7. When I have the late shift, I am guilty of engineering spooky noises to frighten poor student researchers that are still in the research lab after midnight. Museums can be spectacularly creepy in the dark, especially when you are alone.

8. Contrary to both my appearance and my manner, I am a huge fan of fluffy romantic fiction.

9. I was taught how to ride a horse when I was small, but have avoided them ever since I took a tumble into a bush of nettles.

10. My favorite band is U2, but I will listen to just about anything.

And that's me! Looking forward to writing with all of you going forward.
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Good Evening!

Post by Memoria »

I talk to my cat, often without even drinking beforehand.
I think this is the first rule of owning a cat (or any pet for that matter). :D

Also, FFIX is master FF!

All that aside, welcome to the site Inzhuci. I love some of your random facts though, especially #7. I bet that's really fun. I have had a similar experience with #9 in that I used to ride horses a bunch, but gave up after one took off with me. Whoops.