Need Unscrupulous Folk for Fun and Profit

Characters can be lonely, but thankfully, we have Wanted Ads to fulfill a writer's desires. Want your persona to adopt five children or find the love of their life? Is it possible that you require an arch-nemesis? Whatever the request, start an ad here and see what lucky souls respond.
Mahkasad
Writer

Need Unscrupulous Folk for Fun and Profit

Post by Mahkasad »

Thieves & Runners Guild

Due Date: Ongoing
Reason: I am creating a collection of bad people to do bad things in Fellsgard
Connections: No living family, but like to make one of his associates

Background:
Artemis (to be created soon) is a thief and roof-runner who has lived his life by the motto "Better to run fast than face consequences".
He's reached a level of competence and skill that he is looking for associates to help in escapades, theft, fencing, and blackmail. Though there is likely a number of rival gangs and street toughs that will oppose his plans. Come one, come all, and lets live the life of destitute luxury on other folks coin!

I'll likely make a plotter thread after there is some interest and the character is actually made. I'm delaying making him this exact moment to respond to existing threads, but I didn't want to lose out on the idea.

https://www.deviantart.com/yibingling/a ... -401086106
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c
Race: Human
Class: Rogue

Re: Need Unscrupulous Folk for Fun and Profit

Post by Artemis Black »

It'sa me, Artemis!
The general plan is to form a loose collection of folks willing to commit crimes, with the intent of gaining wealth sufficient to establish themselves.

Once we've got the initial folks for the gang I want to have a massive oceans 11 style intro thread where we see each person showing some of their skill then cut to the hideout and get everyone's first meeting inside. Then Artemis is like "so uh what're we calling ourselves?"

For now, Artemis himself does a good deal of business out of The Velvet Goose.
Last edited by Artemis Black on October 1st, 2019, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noire
Writer

Re: Need Unscrupulous Folk for Fun and Profit

Post by Noire »

I present to you the first official NPC of this crime ring:

Name: Mark Azzad
Type: NPC
Job: Smuggler & Fence
Appearance: Something something Snake Tattoo on Neck
Goal in Life: Undercutting Artemis's wares by 3 copper, buying from him at prices that would make Gamestop seem magnanimous, and offering discounts to any customers who either 1) tell Artemis that he looks tired lately, or 2) ask if he's heard about this new rooftop marathoner, Apollo Blanc???

As an aside, I can easily imagine Val Bellamy being involved in the information side of things, and I'm already re-imagining my ue'drahc scholar to be indebted to Mark Azzad's Fine Smuggling Emporium with regards to rare artifacts and the magical item black market that surely exists in Fellsgard!