[Mature] The Velvet Goose - For What Ails You [Completed]

A tavern dedicated to the rougher sort of patron and seedier sort of business

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c
Race: Human
Class: Rogue

Re: [OPEN] The Velvet Goose - For What Ails You

Post by Artemis Black »

"I can't lie with the bird about, would see right through it she would. Beaky's got my number," he said with a wave over his shoulder and quietly finished removing his arm guards as he heard Deborah approaching through the servant's hall.

Deborah was clearly breaking decorum in exchange for familiarity, and Katarya couldn't miss the sly glances she gave to exposed skin. She smiled brightly at Katarya's compliment, "Thank you, Kat. I'll have them cleaned before the water is cold," she said, taking the clothes and leaving the room, continuing to ignore Artemis.

The thief waved off the Witch's threats with a tired hand and returned to his armor. His ears perked, and he felt a flush in his cheeks when she slid into the water. He couldn't see her, but there was something to be said for the imagination. He had imagination in spades.

There was a pop as he loosened the last buckle, and his chest piece was able to slide over his head. He set it down and shook his shoulders before crossing his arms to grip the bottom of his tunic. With a quick motion, he pulled the shirt off his head and tossed it beside his growing pile of armor.

His back was covered in small bruises and the occasional scar. He was well-muscled but lacked the definition of a long-standing nutritious diet. He grunted when she inquired about his employment. "I'm not really his employee, just a member of the looser family." His nose twitched as the scent of lavender flooded the room. "Not much to tell. I'm a thief, a roof runner. I take things from people that don't need them, do odd jobs for the less savory, and make my way as best I can." He reached down and began to work at his belt. "Better to run fast than face consequences," he said as he fiddled with the leather and metal.
Word count: 321
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c
Class: Wizard

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat's eyes lingered on his flesh before she finally turned away. Those scars and bruises; they would undoutedly each have a story ... it made her feel a bit foolish; niaive almost. What did she really know of life? She had no such marks; nothing that spoke of a life lived.

She couldn't help but smile a little at his comments. "Jobs for the less savoury?" She chuckled. "I know I can be a bit sharp, but I don't think I've been called 'less savoury' before!"

Kat moved the soap over her body, the smell of the herbs made her feel refreshed, but also whispered to her of a warm bed and a good sleep. Her ears pricked up at the sound of his unbuckling, and she sneaked another peak over her shoulder (she'd have been mortified beyond all reason, if he had caught her). "I have no idea if Nyx can tell if you're lying," she admitted. "The thing is ... there wasn't much for me to go on, with the books I have. All I know is the deeper the bond between master and familiar becomes over time and through experience." She turned away before he took down his trousers ... she wasn't going to even risk being caught seeing him do that!

"You don't really answer questions, fully, do you?" She mused. "It's not my place to rush you, but I would like to know more about my noble guardian." Though she laughed, it wasn't done in mockery. "I imagine you've had some very interesting adventures in your time. I must seem like a silly young girl, in your eyes." She put the soap back on the edge of the tub. "What exactly is a 'roof-runner'? And if you dare answer with 'someone who runs on roofs', I'll clip your ear!"

Feeling clean and fresh, Kat reached for the coarse towel, stood up in the tub and wrapped it around her chest. Her usually pale face was flushed pink from the heat, and her body looked a lot more relaxed than it had done. She stepped out lightly, then looked at him, a smile at the corner of her mouth. "Your turn." She said, simply.
Word count: 365

"Now is the Time, now is Hour, mine is the Magic, mine is the Power"
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

He managed to get his buckle undone and pulled his belt out of the loops with a grunt. It always felt good to be out of the armor, it refused to be comfortable after some movement. He'd adjusted it to no end, but it remained uncooperative. "Pardon my saying it, but you're a Spook. In Fellsgard, there's nothing less savory, no matter how much you use it to help folks."

He heard her washing again and shimmied out of his heavy leather greaves. Then, standing he dropped his pants and reached for a towel as she talked about her familiar. His eyes grew wide when he realized he'd soundly forgotten a towel, likely when she'd shouted at him earlier. He stood motionless for a moment, listening, and became firm in the knowledge she was still washing as she talked.

"I take things. Move along the rooftops of the city. Go in, and out, through windows. Get away from the less physical folks," he said, his voice slightly strained as he held himself in place. He was going to risk a quick dash to the side of the room, grab a handful of towels, and move back. No more than three steps and he could play it off as stretching if he was fast enough.

He turned in place and moved out his leg to take a long step. Then she suddenly rose from the tub and he froze. He stood there, muscles taut as he remained locked in an effort to step with little noise. "Uh... thanks. Forgot my..." he said, motioning at the pile of towels nearby.
Word count: 268
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c

Re: [Mature] The Velvet Goose - For What Ails You

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat's heart thud in her chest as she turned to find him, completely naked. To be honest, she thought only to embarass him perhaps ... she'd expected a towel, at any rate!

But it was not like Kat to be a swooning maiden; it simply was not in her nature (she would often throw books across the room when they had the women in them cooing and fawning over a man they'd just met), and so she unabashedly let her eyes look him over, before meeting his gaze. With a small smile, she stayed silent as she moved across the room to the towels. Taking one she stepped in front of Artemis. "You might be needing one of these." As she spoke, she took the towel and, leaning in, close to him, her eyes staying fixed on his, she wrapped it around his waist.

However calm and confident she might appear as she stood so close to a very naked Artemis, there was a tint to her cheeks and a glint in her eyes that spoke of a surge of emotion, though whether it was excitement, arousal, or even simply nerves, even she could not tell. She tucked the towel secure, her hands brushing his stomach just above his groin, and then stepped back.

For a moment, she thought of kissing him. Kat couldn't help but feel drawn in by him; his easy confidence and demons-may-care attitude. It was ... intoxicating!

And again, she stepped back. "I'm famished," she said, her pragmatic words breaking the moment. "The water should still be hot." She turned and went to where her food was, picking it up and sitting on a chair, facing the very tub Artemis was to use. She wondered if this was all just a game to her? Was she being a tease? No ... she wasn't doing that. She was no coy, shy girl who would blush and twirl her hair for a man's approval. She was a woman with her own mind, and she knew what she wanted ... she thought so anyway.

"Don't stand on ceremony, Mr Black." She said, taking a bite. "The water'll get cold."

From the top of the screen, Nyx let out a low chuckling noise.
Word count: 369

Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

His breath hitched as she looked him over. He felt his body starting to cramp, and he pulled his leg back beneath him. She was very close, and while he'd certainly had more than his fair share of rolls in the hay, there was something about the warmth and scents in the air, the soft glow of her freshly scrubbed skin, the way she locked him with her gaze. Then she was wrapping a towel around him, and he couldn't help feel a shock as her hand lingered.

When she moved away and settled in to eat, he tried to respond but only coughed instead. Embarrassment doused his mind's wanderings but did little to stop the blood from rushing through his body. He cleared his throat and tried again, "Uh- Thank you. I'll certainly not waste the opportunity."

He moved towards the tub, his motions jerky and circumspect, but growing smoother with each step. Doing his best to ignore her eyes, he rifled through the available soaps and grabbed a chunk that smelt of rosemary. It reminded him of the warm fires they kept burning at the churches on the rainy nights. He carefully lifted himself into the tub, feeling the warmth already dispelling the evening's chill. Once his feet had settled, he dropped his towel on the bench and dropped into the water in a sudden motion. Water sloshed about the tub, and some spilled onto the floor before it settled into a placid pool again.

The scent of the soap and the water's warmth suffused his muscles, and he groaned loudly in appreciation. He wasn't going to let the mostly naked woman ogling him stop his enjoyment of the bath, at least for a few minutes. He started to work the soap into a lather. Spreading the cleansing scent across his muscled arms slowly as his mind settled back into confidence and peace.

Satisfied with his arms, Artemis dunked his head. After a beat, he came back up, dripping warm water. "Could I bother you for some help?" he asked her, a smile in his voice. He could feel her eyes again, and he hoped the flush of the water hid his emotions well enough. He needed to get things back into control, get her off balance.
Word count: 379
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat let out a soft chuckle as he dropped into the tub. 'I've seen it all now,' she said to herself. 'No need to be so shy!'

The food was delicious, and she had to fight the urge to cram it all in her mouth in a most unladylike fashion. It was still warm enough to satisfy her growling stomach, and, well ... she couldn't complain of the view.

Her eyes widened, however, when he spoke up, asking for assistance. Then they narrowed; he was challenging her! She could have kicked herself. All that playing and he was just going to call her bluff. It seemed she had met someone who was a stubborn and measured as she. She doubted very much if any other man would play this little game so well, which was fine by her; an easy victory was a hollow victory. "The great Artemis Black ... roof runner, expert thief, body guard ... can't even bathe himself." She said, her mockery not cruel in any way. "Very well." She said, after a moment. 'I'll play the same.'

She got to her feet and set the plate down. She stepped forward and knelt down next to the tub, holding out her hand. "Soap." She said, pointedly. Then: "If you think ..." She ran the soap over his scarred and bruised back, following it with her other hand pressing gently against his skin. "That my hands," she made small circles over his back, and shoulders. Will go any lower ..." Her hands moved from his shoulders to his chest, massaging over his pectoral muscles and gently touching his neck, before sliding down to his stomach ... where she stopped. "Than this ..." She met his eyes and smiled, smugly. "Then you'd be very much mistaken, and a complete scoundrel for even thinking it!" Despite her words, she leant forward and placed a single, chaste kiss on his cheek, then said, softly into his ear. "For now, anyway."

With that, she rose to her feet, looking down on him as if she were some royal princess, surveying a subject. "All clean." She said, and moved over to get dressed. She didn't look back at him to see his face, but she was grinning broadly to herself. This was proving to be more fun than she ever thought she could have with the dullard men of Fellsguard.

'I might even kiss him properly, one day. Maybe.' She thought. It pleased her to imagine it.
Word count: 411

Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

She was a lively one, he'd certainly give her that. He was back into his own again though, and there wasn't any way he'd let her get the better of him again. "You forgot knife aficionado extraordinaire," he said, ignoring her verbal jab. Then she was there, beside the tub. He passed her the block of soap on command and waggled his eyebrows.

He leaned back, letting her work her hands over his flesh. They were softer than he expected, with small calluses and bumps that he felt across his own marred skin. He grinned at her, but kept his eyes closed, as she worked across him. When she moved to his chest he pulled his arms back ever so slightly to tighten the muscles. Then her fingers touched his neck. He twitched and shivered, but kept his voice under control. Then she kissed him. He moved his hand to his cheek on reflex, touching the skin as her lips retreated. "I've been called a scoundrel many times before Miss Frost," he said, his voice husky and his eyes sparkling.

Then she stepped away and declared him clean before turning to her clothes. He rose from the water, a deluge pouring off him as she busied herself with the bag. Then suddenly he was there, beside her, his hips angled just slightly away from her lowered head. The sound of the water had hidden his steps. He left a gentle kiss at the back of her neck, the fair bit of skin between her flowing hair.

Artemis danced away from her in a blink, his arms held wide as he laughed playfully. "There should be something in the sack for me as well," he said while avoiding her gaze. She was the one who'd shown her back after all.
Word count: 299
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat nearly cursed as she let out a short gasp when he kissed her neck. A wave of pleasure shuddered through her, and she thanked Ny'tha that she didn't let out a moan! Her skin betrayed her arousal, as goosebumps rose all over her exposed flesh. When she felt him move back, she was both relieved and a little ... disappointed. Of course, she would never have allowed things to go too far; her principles and stubbornness would have seen to that, but it did not for a second mean she didn't want something to happen. 'It's at times like these, I wish I were a bit sluttier,' she said to herself.

Nyx chattered above her.

Kat glanced up, wondering if the bird had read her mind, but Artemis' question about clothes brought her attention back. There were some loose trousers and a cotton shirt for him, and for her. Oh no," she moaned. She pulled open the sleeves of a lovely, dress ... in white.

Katarya Frost had not worn anything lighter than a dark purple since she was old enough to complain and demand. No matter how many times people would comment on 'how pretty' she would look if she worse brighter colours, she was steadfast in her resolve. Life as a single woman in Fellsguard was hard enough; she didn't want to be viewed as some air-headed ditz, who floated around in linen, being all girlish.

She turned and threw him the trousers and shirt. "For you," she said, holding his gaze a moment, smiling. Then she held up the dress. "And ... for me ..." She sighed. "About turn, if you would, Artemis." She wasn't asking. She didn't check to see if he had ... after all, she had not only seen his naked body, but had all but explored it ... the thought made her take a deep breath ... she could hardly cause a fuss if he took the chance, could she?

The dress was simple but plain. One feature she wasn't impressed with was the low neckline. She never wore dresses that show too much cleavage; it just wasn't her. So she pulled it up as far as she could to cover the top of her breasts, without it looking too ridiculous. She scooped her hair back and retied the loose black ribbon that held it in a tail, then turned to Artemis. "I look like a milk-maid." She said, glumly. "I feel like I should be skipping through wheat fields and singing songs at trees, or something."

"I must say though; a bath and a change of clothes ... not to mention the good food," 'and the flesh, and the kisses' ... Kat cleared her throat. "You'll be well compensated Mr. Black." She said, with a smile and almost business-like nod of her head.
Word count: 464

Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c

Post by Artemis Black »

He'd caught her by surprise, and gotten to plant a kiss of his own. He felt like he should twirl about in victory, but kept his composure. Artemis caught the clothes deftly, eyebrow raised at her lament. He barely kept a smile to the edge of his lips as he nodded at her command and spun to face the wall. He did, of course, immediately turn his head to watch her over his shoulder. She'd had the chance after all, and he was in the lead by his estimation.

The dress was hilariously typical of the Velvet Goose. He imagined it was simply one of many similar ones they kept cleaned and washed for such occasions. "You certainly look like you'd be good for the hay, and I think I could part with some coin to watch you skip and sing," he said, a broad smile finally overcoming his control. Watching her move her hair into place, all he could imagine was its silken smoothness between his own fingers. He felt painfully firm below the waist and knew for certain there would be no hiding behind the thin trousers.

Despite their flimsiness, he donned the clothes offered him and rolled his shoulders to stretch. "I feel as though I've already received far more than I asked for," he said, turning to face her and brushing his thin fingers over his cheek. "Technically, my pay should be left with the staff. They'll need to take their cut for facilitating after all," he added.

Artemis moved near her, only somewhat awkwardly given his pants, and took one of the paired mugs from the platter. He raised it and took a brief swig, drawing on many years of practice to not even flinch as the brutally strong amber Dwarven Mead filled him with new warmth. It tasted of honey and pears, dunked in a whale's worth of smooth alcohol. "Will you stay here, or need a walk home?" he asked her as the drink caused a flush to deepen in his cheeks.
Word count: 339
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat's eyes were, probably inevitably, looked to the bulge in his trousers, and she visibly shook herself when she realised she was staring. Turning away slightly, to hide her blush, she cleared her throat and nodded as he spoke. "I don't know your situation, Artemis, but you did a job for me and I intend to honour it." She said. "And as to your offer ..." She took up a mug and smelled the contents. Normally, she enjoyed wine, but this smelled sweet and wholesome. Just the thing after a long (and very interesting) night. "I would prefer my own bed, and should be very grateful if you would walk me home."

She raised her mug and have him a slight nod. "To a most excellent and," her eyes flicked down very quickly, before returning his gaze and smiling, "... revealing evening!" She took a long drink. The salt on the meat had made her thirsty, and she found herself gulping down half the mug in a most unladylike fashion.

When she lowered the mug, she blinked. "Well!" She said, as if breathless. "The sweetness hides the kick!" She took another, smaller sip. "Yes ... I would appreciate the company. After this one drink, I might even get lost!" She gave a small laugh.

Nyx chose this moment to flutter down and perch on her shoulder. The raven rubbed her head against Kat's face, making the young witch smile, then turned it's black eyes to Artemis. It regarded him for a moment, then launched from her shoulder and right to his, turning around and squawking.

"She likes you!" Kat said. 'As do I', she thought. "I better not have reason to be jealous." She teased, though whether she meant her jealousy being for the bird of him, she did not clarify.

The alcohol was hitting her hard, and her head swam, though not unpleasantly; she had never been much of a drinker. "Shall we?" She said, motioning to the door. "People might start to talk, after all."
Word count: 334