[Mature] Lilian's Herbal Shop

After the death of her grandmother, a well respected herbalist and healer named Lilian, Katarya must take over the shop, and still keep her secrets.

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c
Race: Human
Class: Wizard

Re: [Mature] Lilian's Herbal Shop

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat didn't blush at Val's compliments. She had heard the same from previous girlfriends (friendships that she had not maintained; girls were hard work ... but Val ...). "Unless something spectacular happens, I'm keeping these," she patted her chest. "Behind cotton; where they belong .. though I'm not a complete prude. I will unleash them when it's time for a roll around with someone." She managed a smile.

And then the kiss happened. Katarya had never kissed a girl before .. she hadn't even kissed many men. But this was also no ordinary kiss.

It was exactly lust that filled the young witch, but something else; something she would not have been able to sufficiently describe later on. While their bodies were pressed together, Val did her thing, gently siphoning Kat's magic; not enough to cause her danger or for Kat to feel like she should defend herself, but still ...

The effect on her was an odd one; she didn't feel particularly weakened by it, like a usual draining spell instead she felt butterflies in her stomach and a fuzzy, warm feeling in her head. When Val broke the kiss, Kat felt the urge to repeat it, even at the loss of more power. "That was ... that was quite something." She breathed.

She pulled a chair close to her and sat down, her head spinning just slightly. "That'll take some getting used to." She said, a pink flush on her usually pale complexion. "That's a singular talent you have right there ... usually a draining spell would leave me weak and with a terrible headache but that ... that was not entirely unpleasant!" She smiled a little. "I'll be sure to stop by when I can; I'd like to see inside, when I have the chance." She smoothed her dress. "Now; is there anything else? I'm not sure I could take much more! You're like a force of nature!"
Word count: 313

"Now is the Time, now is Hour, mine is the Magic, mine is the Power"
Val Bellamy
Character
100% Guaranteed Not Her Fault
Level
24 / 24 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Human and Elemental
Class: Bard

Re: [Mature] Lilian's Herbal Shop

Post by Val Bellamy »

Although most may be leary to deem it such, coming from this particular gal and all, but Val's "plan" went accordingly: she stepped back bright-eyed and fully intact, nary a scratch nor incident to be had. Her eyes crackled with a newfound electricity as she assessed the witch from back across the room, pleased that she had taken to a chair and not simply fainted on the spot. The bard didn't need any more of that on her conscience.

A quirk smirked at the pseudo-compliment, then threatened to grow broader at the suggestion of 'getting used to', Val tempering her imagination with the reminder that she was likely imagining things where none existed. It was the middle part, however, that made her blurt out indiscreetly: "'Draining spell'? You've... seen this before!?" It was the first she had ever heard of someone else like her, and she regretted the interruption immediately.

Politely waiting for a conclusion, good manners that she possessed on display for a change, Val re-attempted the semblance of a question with more thoughtful consideration. "No, just most of mum's order today, and I'll be back for the rest later. Do you... think you can help me, with my special request...?" No one would ever believe it, but Val leaned against the wall and actually fidgeted - nay, hesitated - to dream something so impossible.

And, in exactly true bardic fashion, the fracture of uncertainty she had just revealed melted into overconfidence and an unearned swagger, redirecting into her usual commentary, "And I've many more talents you've never even seen~ For example..." she sashayed to Katarya's chair, leaning in casually and whispered, "Behind the curtains, I make quite the impressive stagehand - I'd love to audition for your operas sometime♪"

"So, a thresher?" Some people were able to lift enourmous weights, solve complicated puzzles, or weather tumultous storms. Val's gift was to rematerialize just outside slap-range after leaving a remark that deserved one, and it was a talent she had spent many moons cultivating. More specifically, she was by the doorframe of the private room, already one foot out and putting on obsequious airs. "I'm sure my parents will drop by later to wish you well about Lilian, as well as top up the tab... You'll do the amicable thing and keep these conversations just between us, right?"

She hadn't waited for a response. A flash of a smile and a wink, and she dipped back into the herbal shop proper, bounding before the customer desk for her box of supplies just as another customer entered the store. Val didn't get a good look at the women, only calling over her shoulder: "Hey, are the Bartlemeres still out there, or have they moved on to Mac's yet?"

"Oh, the two northern boys? They were making a ruckus before, but the guards seem to have come along and settled it now..."

"Excellent," she replied with the flicker of a smile, eagerly accepting her family's order and making her way out the door.
Word count: 502