I'l Fana Kelbé (The White Hart) Contract: 'Retaking a Memory'

Katarya and Dáire are contracted to retrieve a special item of great value to Aurae, Mistress of The White Hart tavern.

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c
Race: Human
Class: Wizard

Re: I'l Fana Kelbé (The White Hart) Contract: 'Retaking a Memory'

Post by Katarya Frost »

Kat listened as Artemis gave his report. It had certainly put her own to shame. 'Well said.' she thought, resisting the urge to glance back at him.

"As to the Human who recognised me, I don't think there'll will be any bother in that area, but I fully intend to make sure his lips do not move about anything regarding my presence there." She said, assuring the two elder women.

Kat's eyes followed the bracelet, then looked at Aurae to see what her response would be. She had been clear that this item had been of sentimental value, and she hoped that getting it would mean an 'all is forgiven' for involving more people than they were supposed to have.

On her shoulder, Nyx warbled something at her, and Kat forced down a smile. 'Your mind is getting crude, Nyx. But yes, I'll treat him to that later.' She thought, knowing by now that the raven could feel what she was thinking.

The witch stood, back straight, waiting for the final verdict.
Word count: 174

"Now is the Time, now is Hour, mine is the Magic, mine is the Power"
Ksenia
Character
Craftmistress for Black's at East Hall. Journeyman seamstress for hire
Level
24 / 24 HP
18 / 18 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 40c
Race: Human and Kerasoka
Class: Alchemist

Post by Ksenia »

Ksenia had pulled her cloak over her head, hiding her face until she got back to the Goose. A few times she had ducked around a corner to avoid a patrolling watchman, but otherwise had gotten back unscathed. The kitchen was quiet; everyone had already gone to sleep, and Deb wouldn’t be around, she knew. She tiptoed up the servants’ stairs and into her room, closing the door as quietly as possible.

As soon as she stepped foot into her room, she realized that she was about to undo all her carefulness as soon as she let loose the sob she felt building in her chest. Trying to keep her breathing even, she scurried back downstairs and into the alley, yanking open the door to the basement and into the alcohol cellar. She fiddled with the stone wall until she found the catch that released the door leading into the passage to Artemis’s warehouse. His room was, predictably, locked tight.

Ksenia sank to the ground and bowed her shoulders. The sob she’d felt broke loose; the hot tears slid down her cheek. You did nothing. You can’t even stay with your friends when they're happy.

She sucked in a breath of air, nearly choking, and put her face in her hands. Her shoulders shook as she tried to hold back her broken keening. They don’t care about you. You’re worthless.

Tears dripped off her chin. Her nose ran; she ignored it, not having a handkerchief to mop it up. It felt like her chest was trying to implode. They’re glad you’re gone. You bore them; worse, you force them to tolerate you.

A single breath was all she wanted - but she couldn’t inhale for the shuddering that happened every time. She coughed, holding on desperately to her shoulders, trying to will the crying to stop. It seemed to have possessed her, wracking her with hiccups and outbursts. You do nothing, you have nothing, you are nothing.

Finally, once she could breathe mostly evenly, she crawled up the stairs to the basement, then to her room, and finally onto her bedroll. She pulled her blanket over her head and hoped for sleep to overtake her soon.
Word count: 375
Dáire
Character
Level
48 / 48 HP
32 / 32 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 10c
Race: Kerasoka
Class: Ranger and Rogue

Post by Dáire »

“Artemis and Ksenia were vital to our success Cáno, I trusted them completely in this and would not have risked an item of such value had I not.” He looked to both elder women, their faces betraying nothing as they watched and listened, with almost blank expressions.

Several tense moments passed yet again, Aurea’s gaze flicking from one of them to another, and then the cycle repeated. Opening her hand, she inspected the bracelet, rolling it around on her fingers. A smile too soft for the tough woman he knew her to be, spread across her delicate elven features. “This was my mothers you know. Given to her by an elf, had the world been different, you would all have known of and loved as much my family had. It is thousands of years old, irreplaceable …” her voice drifting off as she watched the light refracting off the smooth metal and sharp cut stones.

Dáire found himself holding a breath when Aurae focused on him once more, eyes calculating and boring right through him. Her head cocked slightly to one side as she turned to look at Artemis, he didn’t know how the man didn’t squirm under her attentions, he certainly had for the first few decades. A faint, but charming smile broke across her face as she continued to observe the man beside him, sitting back more comfortably in her chair. He was almost waiting for her to continue scolding them over involving Artemis, he wasn't sure if she’d caught Kats slip in mentioning Ksenia’s involvement as well, he’d purposely tried to avoid it. He surmised that she likely had caught it, but would hold it for another time.

“Élara, do you have the 100 silvers for our Nuinë, Almá and Lassë please.” She said softly, holding out a palm to receive the small purse of clinking metal and then extending her arm, and the heavy purse towards Kat.

The money having been handed over courteously to Kat, Cáno dismissed the two humans. Sending them for Raen and leaving Dáire alone with them pair of them in the lavish office. «“Now hín (child) we have need to speak with you …”»
Word count: 371