A Certain Flash of Inspiration [Completed]

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Raen Silver
Character
Almá/Bard
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Kerasoka
Class: Bard

Re: [Open] A Certain Flash of Inspiration

Post by Raen Silver »

Raen clapped as the story was concluded. "A most wonderful cautionary tale, good sir!" He smiled to Vanessa. "With such skill, I would highly recommend requesting an audition with the Quimellë! With a good word thrown in from yours truly, of course!"

The young elf turned his eyes to Mila. "What say you? How did you find the tale spun for our little private audience?"

The little scene had drawn some curious glances from patrons and servers alike, all looking with curios eyes.
Word count: 83

"There is no greater gift than that of verse well given."
Mila Glade
Character
Half Elf
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Human and Kerasoka
Class: Rogue

Post by Mila Glade »

Mila listened, her eyes gave off a child-like delight as the puppet spun his tale.

It was a story heavy with lessons, but she was perhaps too young to get it's subtleties. She gave Vanessa a nod as she finished, agreeing with Raen. "You have a gift. I reckon you'll be rich as a Lady in a few years. Maybe you could even be playing your shows for the higher ups."

Her gaze went to the door. This had all been fun, but she was well aware that she was spending too much time with the man she had stolen from. She took a chug of her ale. "Thanks for the company. Black'll be waiting for me. Got stuff to do, and all that."

Setting down her mug, she got to her feet inclining her head. "Thanks. That was really great. I gotta go." She said and turned to leave
Word count: 150
Vanessa LaNore
Character
Seeker of Legends
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 60c
Race: Fae and Human
Class: Bard and Summoner

Post by Vanessa LaNore »

“Your praise is greatly appreciated, both of you,” Vanessa said as she returned the small book to the box before lifting Sir Archibald and settling him in as well. “Though I think you overestimate how much the well off are willing to part with for tales and legends,” she added, giving them a small nod.

“She’s terribly young for a half-elf,” Vanessa said softly after Mila had gone. “I hope she learns her lessons without too much cost. It is a shame that those so long lived often find themselves without the knowledge they need.”

Vanessa turned her gaze back to Raen, giving him a rare grin. “You’d put in a word for me, just like that. No other costs or strings?” she asked the bard, a bit of disbelief in her voice. “You haven’t even seen any of my actual talents, merely the hobbies I pursue.” She sipped her wine, her bright eyes looking at him over the cup.
Word count: 163
Raen Silver
Character
Almá/Bard
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Raen Silver »

"Oh i would be getting something out of it," he smiled. "But no coin or favours required. If I were to be the one to introduce you to the Kelbé patronage, then well ... my reputation would get a little boost! And that's not to be sniffed at. As you are aware, no doubt, reputation is everything!" He seemed very pleased with himself. "You may think about it, if you like, but if youa re as enthused as I am, then why not come along this evening? I will be singing and playing for the crowd, and you can sit down with Elára, work out some terms. Usually people just get what they are given from the crowd and free drinks ... but if she likes you enough ..." he shrugged.

Raen hadn't forgotten Mila. He turned to her, his eyes on her, but he smiled. "I think we both know that you are in my debt, little preredhel ... or will you be so bold as to deny it?"

Raen's eyes held no malice or anger. There was no threat of punishment there, just a simple fact.
Word count: 185

Mila Glade
Character
Half Elf
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Mila Glade »

Mila's hand twitched, ready to go for the dagger at her belt. But what would that achieve? They'd most likely either kill her or throw her to the watch, and she genuinely didn't want to kill the elf.

So she reached into one of the many pockets Ksenia had put on her clothing, and tossed the coin purse on the table. Standing up, she shrugged. "Sorry." She said, without conviction. I needed to eat and drink. Can't all sing pretty songs or make puppets dance."
Word count: 85
Raen Silver
Character
Almá/Bard
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Raen Silver »

Raen raised a brow, his handsome features showing surprise at just how casually she handed him back his money. "An honest arpo?" He said using the Elvish for 'thief'. He took the purse, then reached in, holding out a silver bit for her. "You're young, so am I. I know what it is to make a mistake. You have friends here, if you want them. Take this; go eat, buy clothes, a knife ... but the next time you come in here, arpo, make sure your slate is clean when it comes to your dealings with the Kelbé. That clear?"

Raen was unusually serious. It seemed he took loyalty to his home quite seriously, and she was lucky had hadn't gone to anyone higher up, or had allowed any of the other staff to notice the exchange.
Word count: 136

Vanessa LaNore
Character
Seeker of Legends
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 60c

Post by Vanessa LaNore »

Vanessa quirked a brow at the scene playing out before her. "A caught thief who gives up their prize and a catching bard who had a serious side. Such an interesting place this is," she said softly to herself as Raen reinforced his point.

She sipped her wine and relaxed back in her chair. "I think I will stay, at least long enough to hear a song and exchange some words," she murmured thoughtfully over her cup. "More interesting than a charity ball in the corner listening to pouting ladies and boorish lords at least," she added as if firming up her decision.

Having decided her evening, the bard began to faintly hum to herself. Her ember colored eyes grew distant and her expression became one of a curator lost in their collection.
Word count: 133
Mila Glade
Character
Half Elf
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Mila Glade »

Mila took the silver offered; she wasn't going to turn down coin given freely.

"Sorry," she mumbled. She gave them both a quick incline of her head, and left as fast as she could.

When she was outside, Mila felt something she didn't usually feel; guilt. The people at the Hart had been good to her, and she had stolen from one of them. She supposed she was lucky that she had gotten away with a warning. Even if the watch didn't throw her in a cell, the elves might have taken matters into their own hands.

She made her way over the roof tops, taking a seat on the edge of a building that faced the noble district. There she took out some squashed bread, and chewed at it thoughtfully. What was her life now? Was it defined by the people in it? Artemis, Ksenia, Katarya? Did she want to rely on people that much? Maybe she just simply had to.

Mila decided that she'd wait until tomorrow, then return to the Hart to just have an innocent drink, to show her face. Maybe she could even join their ranks! They had let the witch do so, and she was full Human.

Though she didn't feel as alone as she thought she would, she nonetheless didn't stop the tears when they came. "Pa." She whispered, and sat atop the building, she wept.
Word count: 233
Raen Silver
Character
Almá/Bard
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Post by Raen Silver »

Raen watched the young half-Elf leave, shaking his head. "I feel for her. I don't know much about her, but one of the other Alma has taken an interest in her. I didn't want to get her into trouble."

He turned back to her. "Let us chat the afternoon away, bard to bard. So rarely do I get conversation beyond whom has killed what, and the idle chatter of the not well educated. You are a breath of fresh hair, Heri" He used the honorific title, calling her a 'lady'. It was often used by Elves as a mark of respect or flattery, even if the person in question was not highborn. "Would you indulge me?"
Word count: 116

Vanessa LaNore
Character
Seeker of Legends
Level
24 / 24 HP
21 / 21 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 60c

Post by Vanessa LaNore »

Vanessa broke her concentration to watch the half-elf go. She could see the remorse in the woman and felt a twinge of sadness for her. “What life do we all lead to be a writhing ball of conflicts and secrets?” she mused to Raen with a ghost of a smile.

Vanessa settled back into her chair, visibly relaxing, though her expression remained imperious and cold. “As for the afternoon, if you provide me food, drink, and legends I could spend the week blathering away with you about anything you'd like,” she said, motioning with her hands at the glass and plate before her.

“Speaking of, do you know if anyone here can tell the tale of that creature?” she asked, nodding her head towards the carving she had first recognized. “The vine bear I believe, a native to the deep jungles and one with a fierceness that is unmatched by more fleshy creatures, or so I’ve heard.” Her eyes had begun to glitter softly, reflecting an unseen light as she indulged her constant need for knowledge.
Word count: 177