Investigations of Fraud in Fellsgard

House Lericyro sends an investigator to Black's at East Hall

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Ksenia
Character
Craftmistress for Black's at East Hall. Journeyman seamstress for hire
Level
24 / 24 HP
18 / 18 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 40c
Race: Human and Kerasoka
Class: Alchemist

Re: Investigations of Fraud in Fellsgard

Post by Ksenia »

Seeing Ksenia speaking to the inspector outside the meeting, and appearing to be at least willing to do so, Jacobus moved over offering a nod. "Craftmistress, something you need help with?" he offered with an air of a man who enjoyed his day's work and was looking to keep busy.

“Oh, Jacobus - I’ll be taking Inspector Farlight on a tour around the hall. There were some issues with the paperwork, so she wants to inspect things herself.” Turning to the inspector, Ksenia offered, “Inspector, this is the foreman of our crew, Jacobus.”

Jacobus offered out his massive hand, giving the Inspector a firm shake and a nod as he looked her square in the eye. "A pleasure to help you and Mister Black in any way I can, Craftmistress. Don't know what we'd have done without the work, food, and warmth you pair offered," he said, keeping his gaze unblinking. Then, as soon as it had begun, it seemed whatever contest had been occurring between the foreman and the Inspector ended. Jacobus turned his eyes aside and stepped back with a nod, looking to Ksenia for direction.

“Alright - we can start in here, I suppose. I believe it’s already on the business documents, but Mister Black and I intended the Hall to be a community center almost as much as a crafthall.” Ksenia walked toward the clusters of tables along one wall, where the crew and some of the neighbors talked. “The tables give us space for socializing, eating, and any small handwork.”

Turning toward the back wall, Ksenia continued. “As you saw before, the inside walls and most of our furniture are easily moved to adjust for the needs of our eventual renters, our crew, and the neighborhood if needed.” She gave the Inspector a somewhat nervous smile. “I’m currently the only guaranteed crafter, so when we started planning, we wanted to be able to accommodate different needs without having to completely rebuild walls.”
Word count: 330
The Unreliable Narrator
Character
Creator of Prompts and Inspiration
Level
23 / 23 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Ghost
Class: Wizard

Re: Investigations of Fraud in Fellsgard

Post by The Unreliable Narrator »

Inspector Farlight was well familiar with the look in the foreman's eye and tone of his voice as he approached and took her measure. 'A man wanting to ensure his workplace is not about to disappear,' she mused as she stared intently at Jacobus over a handshake that was neither loose nor uncomfortable. She betrayed nothing to the silent scrutiny, projecting only her usual calm professionalism, and felt only faint amusement as the driven man looked away.

Then they were off, moving about the facility as the Craftmistress explained each section in the open space. Nothing seemed amiss, and it was clear by the casual muted bustle of various peoples that this had quickly become a place to be warm and unbothered. As they rounded the room they were all of them offered nods and smiles, though most seemed directed to the foreman or Craftmistress. Completing their circuit, Aleida nodded her head towards the area that was obviously a makeshift kitchen.

"I presume this is intended to be an eventual place of business," she stated matter-of-factly. "Good morning, I am Inspector Farlight and I must ask if you are acting as a merchant at this time," she continued, looking to Miss Hawthorn without malice despite the gravity of her inquiry.

Miss Hawthorne looked briefly to Ksenia and shook her head. "Not that I know. Mister Black pays for the ingredients but leaves their selection to me and mine. Folks pitch in things but I don't think a copper’s changed hands that wasn't from the ledgers the Craftmistress keeps. I just make the meals for the crew, but I never learned how to make something that couldn't feed a whole ship's complement, so we offer it out."

Aleida nodded giving a small smile, "That is wonderful to hear, and the tea I assume you prepared was quite refreshing." Looking to Ksenia for a moment she let her eyes continue until they landed upon the aforementioned Mister Black. "I believe I have seen sufficient indication this place would serve its local community, if you'd please give this information to Mister Black, I believe we are finished here."

She pulled a prepared sheet from her folder, leaving behind several similar copies as she presented it to Ksenia. Across the top was written 'Improvement of Foreclosed Space for Public Good' followed by the subheading 'Application for Writ'. Closing her folder with a muffled thump, she extended a hand to the Craftmistress. "I believe you'll have all the information required on this form, be sure to complete both sides. If you have any questions do not hesitate to seek out a House Lericyro representative who will be happy to help you fill in the needed information." She gave another smile, not unlike the one she'd offer with her compliments for the tea. "And with that, I truly must return to my office. Have a wonderful day."
Word count: 483