Humble Games for Humble Evenings

Characters can be lonely, but thankfully, we have Wanted Ads to fulfill a writer's desires. Want your persona to adopt five children or find the love of their life? Is it possible that you require an arch-nemesis? Whatever the request, start an ad here and see what lucky souls respond.
TheDJCJ
Writer
That Guy What Does The Things He Do

Humble Games for Humble Evenings

Post by TheDJCJ »

Looking to try and write a story for Calem involving completing the Humble Evenings achievement. Primarily considering a very slice-of-life story involving board games (ooh, maybe we can invent some Khyera-famous board/card game if we don't just steal something that isn't chess), though I'm open to potential twists occurring.

Please feel free to message me on Discord or in my PMs if the idea interests you!
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Humble Games for Humble Evenings

Post by Memoria »

I would participate as Wish. I don't have anything in mind for a particular game, but it is possible she stayed with a poor family and paid them while staying in Fellsgard.
Nirdor
Writer
Imagination Portal

Post by Nirdor »

I want to get Dessrexin involved in human shape.

I was thinking four suits of cards Human, Ghost, Fae and Dwarf. The high face cards would be the Council, the Inn keep, the Voices and the Armory. Next, the Lighthouses, the Adventurer, the Fireflies and the Irenohl. Last face cards would be the Teacher, the Bartender, the Watch Cook and Thraora. Numbers 1-10 is army size. The four Aces would be Cecilia, Kaxitaki, Nilbein and the Sword. Finally, the two jokers would be dragons. What do you think? I figured new or old card games could be made from there.
TheDJCJ
Writer
That Guy What Does The Things He Do

Post by TheDJCJ »

I think you've put far more effort into the development of playing cards than I have! :O I must tip my invisible hat to you, sir!

I half wonder if the elves would be a little insulted they're not included, but I'm sure the many games that the Lumeacia have invented are far better than silly human games =P (also if we're going strictly for 52-card style trump deck, numbers would be 2-10, unless you want to make a slightly altered playing card deck for Khy'eras? It's our card deck and we can break the rules if we want to)

I don't have any immediate idea on new card games - something to discuss here or elsewhere? But I somehow doubt things would work exactly in the way that poker and blackjack would end up being the nationally known games like they are in our world. I think a popular game for children of Khy'eras could be some form of Crazy Eights (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDQjn3k76Mw) or Cheat/I Doubt It (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHLtWfOmLo), and perhaps for adults a popular gambling game instead of poker could be something like knockout whist (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVlpsABKhq0)?

At least until we can invent something new here's some ideas - feel free to suggest any alternatives! Or feel free to suggest different names if introducing some Khy'eras-related flair sounds fun!
Nirdor
Writer
Imagination Portal

Post by Nirdor »

Your right an oversight on my account 2-10 can't be an army with just one person. The four suits are for the four cities Fellsguard, Verdant row, Ajteire and Domrhask respectively. Also, make dwarf, ghost blue and human, fae green. I was thinking of a game called dragon's treasure a variation on war. My idea is you use one of the jokers and everytime you tie all equal cards go to the dragon. Once the intial play thru is over you shuffle the dragon deck. Then the winner gets to go against the dragon which the loser plays. So you ether win and get the treasure or lose to the dragon. Of course if there is more than two players the first winner can recruit backup from the additional ones not playing the dragon allowing everyone two chances to win. :?