Character Census and Listing

Want to get the scoop on all of the recent updates, news, and announcements that have made it into Khy'eras? This would be the place to check.
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Character Census and Listing

Post by Memoria »

With Khy'eras' latest update, I have created two new pages called "Character Census" and "Character Listing". With the construction of these two pages (mostly the census, it was necessary for me to create groupings for non-standard profile fields such as "Gender" and "Residence". In this way, there is conformity in displaying data rather than having all the various unique and creative entries you've all entered.

The reason I am bringing this up is because in the case of gender, though I have tried my best, I might have missed a few categories that should be on this list. I did a lot of research on how I might group genders and went with six main types where certain values will map into those headers.

For those interested, here are the mappings:
  • Transgender - Transsexual, Trans
  • Non-binary - Genderqueer, Bigender, Genderfluid, Agender, Demigender
  • Female - Woman, Her, She, Hers, Girl
  • Male - Man, Him, He, His, Boy
  • None - No gender
  • Undisclosed
Some of these mapping are based on wikipedia articles, but as I am not an expert, if you feel there should be additional main categories or extra mapped values, please let me know and I'll be happy to adjust.