[Mature] Make Merry While the Weather Shines

Take a chance, and throw yourself towards the new world with reckless abandon!

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Spirits of Adventure
Character
Unlimited Adventurers
Level
24 / 24 HP
19 / 19 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Ghost
Class: Bard

[Mature] Make Merry While the Weather Shines

Post by Spirits of Adventure »

It was true that working at The Grace of Cecilia's Healer's Hall made June enough money, but the thing is that June had really decided that she could be better served by making more money. After all, she was sending enough to her family to make things a bit more comfortable for her family, and she was living comfortably enough in Fellsgard. But that didn't mean she could rest on her laurels! 'Besides, it'd be nice to live a little bit here...seriously, I thought Fellsgard was supposed to be where everything was happening, but there's like, nothing unless you're stupid rich...'

It might just have been that she hadn't quite found the right place for her yet. That was something to admit. But she was hoping the right place would hurry up and show itself to her, because if it weren't for her family she'd have seriously considered just turning right around and going back home. The village might not have had as many people but dammit, at least she could go explore the forest again. Maybe she'd find another bear to feed or find one of the trees she'd loved climbing as a child had grown even taller..

Well, that was besides the point. At the very least, a stroke of luck seemed to have come her way. A job had been posted up on a local bulletin board near the hall - something about a delivery for 'The Velvet Goose', whatever that was. Some kinda fancy tavern in the South District? She'd heard it got a bit rough there, but June was completely undaunted. If anyone gave her any guff, she'd just kick their butts - what was she going to have to worry about, a few drunk sailors?

Though as she'd guessed that this was probably not the only place this kind of advertisement, so if she wanted to beat everyone else to the punch she was going to have to get moving, so she was at present dashing through the streets of Fellsgard, dodging and winding her away around the people (and only bumping into a few, what a relief!) as she dashed her way through the city with reckless abandon. "Outta the way!" she yelled as she barrelled towards the tavern in the distance. "I got a job to get to!"

"Ny'tha's black teeth, slow down, you crazy--!" She faintly heard from some distance behind her, but that guy was probably fine.

---

To her credit, June did slow down once she realised that there actually wasn't anyone else waiting outside. "Huh?" she murmured to herself, looking around. "Did I beat everyone else...?" The tavern was actually closer to where she was living than she'd expected. Working here might actually pay off really well if she could find the right person to ask...

Granted, she could kinda sorta see what turned people off about the place. The place looked like it had been here for a while, and the place looked like some giant had gone and kicked dust all over it. The sign looked like it could really use a re-paint. 'This is supposed to be The Velvet Goose, but the goose is grey? That doesn't even make any sense! These guys need to hire a painter...'

Well, one way or another, the huge oak doors were...intimidating, but at the same time somewhat inviting. It looked like the tavern had stolen the doors off of some castle...well, a small castle, maybe like a castle storage room but a castle nonetheless! June's eyes lit up, and she couldn't wait to see what was behind the doors. She stepped right up to the doors and threw them wide open.

Quite a few faces turned from their food to look at her - and in that moment, June started to understand why this job might not have been for everyone. Some of these guys looked like they wrestled bears (wait, there were a few sailors here - maybe they wrestled octo-bears?) just for the fun of it. Their dark eyes appraised her, and June stared right back into the throng. A silent couple of moments passed before most of the assembled crowd just shrugged and went back to their drinking, games and general business deals.

June puffed up a little bit - if there was one thing she didn't like it was being dismissed. She'd gone through all this effort to find work here and she'd be damned if she was leaving empty-handed. She walked up towards the bar - and out of the corner of her eye as she did so, she saw movement as one of the burlier patrons reach out a hand towards her waist. In an instinctive motion, her body moved a half-step around as she grabbed the man's wrist, pulled his arm further out to pull him off balance and slapped him in the face, before stepping back out of range once again. "The only ones who get to touch me are at least a six." June declared to him with fiery eyes, before turning around and completely ignoring him.

She would have walked up to the bar, except as she spun around on her feet slowly, she didn't happen to find any bar. What kind of tavern didn't even have a bar?! 'This is a weird place...who the heck do I talk to?' Seeing the kitchen doors, she figured that if staff were anywhere, there was as good a chance as any, so she walked right up to the kitchen doors instead. "Oi!" she called out at the doors. "Who do I talk to about getting work here?" With any luck, they'd magically spit out someone who could help her...
Word count: 956
The Unreliable Narrator
Character
Creator of Prompts and Inspiration
Level
23 / 23 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Class: Wizard

Re: [Mature] Make Merry While the Weather Shines

Post by The Unreliable Narrator »

Deborah was feeling cheery tonight, the closeness of her dearest had been a near constant boon and even the usual annoyances of short city stocks hadn’t brought her down. She was even enjoying a moment of quiet peace, the nights expected shipments arriving early and the usual crowd calmed to a dull roar in the dining room.

A cup of tea and her back to the kitchen fire were proving to be exactly what she needed to top off what was now a pleasant evening. That was of course before a shout of ‘Oi’ came in a muted demand through the heavy oaken doors of the kitchen.

Deborah immediately felt her entire body go tense, the casual arrogance of the call out turning what had been pleased calm into a cold roiling fury in her gut. She stood, motioning for the other staff who had moved forward that she would handle this. They all backed off, but were clearly paying intense attention. It wasn’t every day that the boss got involved.

She strode out of the door in all her presence and grace, a demure smile plastered to her lips and cold fire in her eyes. She was, as always, dressed in a modified style taken from the other wenches. Of course, Deborah had taken liberties due to her station and her clothes were far more provocative than the norm.

In front of her she found a young woman, looking a touch annoyed and as though she’d just run the gambit across the city without a stop for breath. She tempered her fury, though only slightly.

“Can I help you? Or are you simply planning to be rude for fun?” she whispered out, her lips clamped down on her fangs and only letting the barest of sound out. It always caught the toughs off guard, a beautiful woman who spoke softly and seemed all desire and need.
Word count: 320
Spirits of Adventure
Character
Unlimited Adventurers
Level
24 / 24 HP
19 / 19 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

It only seemed to be a few moments before the air suddenly went cold in the entire bar. Even June felt it, but she refused to be afraid. She wouldn't be cowed by anyone, she was going to get this job come heaven or hell.

The doors opened. "Finally, I--"

As the woman stepped out into the tavern the words died on June's lips. Her cheeks blushed bright red, and her mouth fell open just a little. "Cecilia's tits, you're hot..." she said, lost deep in the woman's eyes (and her not to mention incredible body which June was a little jealous of but mostly turned on by). June was in a complete trance as the vision of absolute womanly beauty approached her and stared right into her eyes, right through down to her soul. There'd been plenty of ladies June had met, and they'd been nice and all, but how could you rate someone who was this much woman?

It took a few seconds before she actually heard the words that the woman was saying to her through what felt like a sudden cold fury. "Huh...a-ah!" she stuttered, suddenly looking very nervous and a little upset. She looked down at the floor and pressing her fingers together, her body fidgeting just a little. "I-I-I'm sorry, m-miss. I didn't mean to be r-rude or n-nothing."

It was an astonishing change for some to see the young woman go from being a whirlwind of chaotic energy to being completely and utterly cowed. Though for some who'd been here long enough, this wasn't the first time the boss had such an effect on one who came in thinking they were the best thing around.

June awkwardly scratched her foot along the ground, making the occasional glance up at her before looking back down at the floor. "I just...I just got excited and all...y'know? Because this place is really cool and I was excited for a job and you're really sexy and…"

A silent moment passed. "Ah, balls, I said that out loud again, didn't I…?" she murmured.
Word count: 348
The Unreliable Narrator
Character
Level
23 / 23 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Deborah watched the sudden shift in June with intense interest. She loved the power she held over others, the way her body could tug at all the little stings they wanted to keep hidden. In this case the woman in front of her just suddenly blurted out her feelings.

Deb felt her lips part in a predatory smile, the faintest hint of her teeth showing past the plump softness. Then the woman apologized and started to fidget as though she could control Deb's power over her with force of will. Deb felt her need quicken, the sense of this woman's heart coming forward like a runaway wagon.

She didn't need to eat, not for another day, but it was so rare a meal just walked up and started begging you to take them. She held a hand up finally, the one with the small scar from her own turning.

"You did, you've said a lot of things in a short time. Flattering me won't get you very far, but you shouldn't stop," she said with a purr, stepping forward to place a hand on June's face. "So you're here for work?" she asked, leaning in to whisper in June's ear. "I think there's a few positions I could get you into. Did you have something in mind, or is it my treat?"
Word count: 222
Spirits of Adventure
Character
Unlimited Adventurers
Level
24 / 24 HP
19 / 19 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

June's heart beat wildly in her chest as the woman moved closer and closer. This woman's palm against her face was so warm, burning but in such a very, very good way. Her legs started shifting against each other as she stared, completely and utterly lost in the woman's eyes as her words snaked their way into June's brain.

"U-uh...w-wooork?" The words slurred out of June's mouth. "I'll do aaaanything you saaaayyyyyy..." While she probably could have stared into those eyes (and perhaps those magnificently displayed curves) for possibly eternity, the words she was saying did eventually penetrate their way through the mist in June's head until they reached her brain. "W-wait...that's right, work!" June stepped back, slapping her face to shaking off the clouds in her head (well, mostly). "Yes! That's right! My name's June Merryweather, and I want some work! Well, I mean, I have work at the healer's hall down in the South District but I mean, I want more work! Real work! If I have to shift papers for the rest of my life in Fellsgard I'm going to go utterly insane!"

June held out the job paper she'd taken from the bulletin board back at the hospital. "This says you need work? Well, believe me, you can't go wrong when you've got the bravest and fastest lady in this side of Tyivr! I'll make sure that absolutely nothing stops me, come rain or shine or--" June thrust the paper out at the woman - unfortunately, she decided to lean out a little bit too far and too eagerly, and managed to trip over her feet - right into the middle of the woman's chest.

An awkward moment passed, followed by a muffled murmuring of "All the idols, I wish I could make mine this big..." This was quickly followed by a hasty retreat a few steps back, as June both looked shocked and a little afraid the woman was going to yell at her again, which she really didn't want. "A-aaah! I'm sorry, t-t-that's never happened before I swear!" June nearly yelled out. "I mean, you've got nice--I mean, um, uh..." June stopped, took a deep breath, forced herself to control her heavy breathing and look up at her. "So how about it? Work, I mean! Yes, work."
Word count: 385
The Unreliable Narrator
Character
Level
23 / 23 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Deb recognized the look of dazed enchantment immediately, her grin grew broader, the sway of her hips more exaggerated, she pushed her magic into her body and filled herself with warmth and need.

June stuttered, turning to putty before her mind caught up. She stepped back suddenly, giving herself a resounding smack before getting out her intent. It amused Deborah, that this girl could so quickly and strongly resist her.

Then she started waving about a paper, one of the many work requests that went out into the city, and Deb raised an eyebrow. She got perhaps too eager, and Deb caught her shoulder as her face planted into the Korcai’s chest. She quickly made her heart beat, letting it drum a rapid sonorous rhythm.

She couldn’t stop her breathy laugh at June’s wish for her assets. It was a common enough desire, and yet the openness of the claim was refreshing. “Yes, I have wondrous breasts, the sort that will drive even a Idol to distraction. And you’re doing a wonderful job of getting me all worked up.” Deb moved forward again, pressing her body to June’s and licking at the other woman’s neck as her breath came in shallow pants. All she had to do was push a bit, move in and bite down, drag her to the ground and drink her sweet delicious desire.

Deb whimpered softly as she forced herself to focus, instead whispering into June’s ear. “Yes, I’ve work for you. I need something- picked up,” she cood. “And then, when you’ve gotten it back, you’ll get your pay. And if you do it well, I’m going to need you to get on my bed, so I can pay you again.”

She waited a breath, reveling in the firm and passionate beat of June's heart, before she stepped back suddenly. She pulled a folded slip of paper from her clothing, on it an address and an order number. She placed it in June's hand and gave her a wink. "Hurry now, I'm hoping to see some lovely weather soon."
Word count: 355
Spirits of Adventure
Character
Unlimited Adventurers
Level
24 / 24 HP
19 / 19 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

There was an instant where June swore that the woman was suddenly about to...pounce. But by the time her brain had realised that was going to happen, it was already too late. That woman seemed to coil around her, trapping June within her clutches. For a second, there was a burst of panic, and June desperately wanted to escape – but as she felt the woman’s heart beat against her, she realised she wanted nothing more than to lose herself here, forever.

June found herself matching the woman's breathing as she stared deep into her golden eyes, captivated by the shine as she looked deeper and deeper. Every time those eyes seemed to twinkle, June felt her body burning bright. June tried to speak, but it was impossible – all she could do was mewl helplessly as she felt the woman coming closer, enveloping her. Without even thinking, June wrapped her arms around the woman as their cheeks touched, holding her tight as their bodies rubbed against each other.

Her neck. Something hot...her breath. And then, June's thoughts disintegrated as she felt the woman's tongue slowly dance its way up her neck. June moaned out loud, her eyes rolling back in her head and her body going almost limp. Only June’s nails clutched desperately, digging deep as they could into the back of woman’s shoulders. June's heart beat manically, and she could hear the beat of the woman's heart against her own breasts. The woman whispered something into June's ear - she wasn't quite sure what, but the words burned their way into her brain and she couldn’t have forgotten them.

And then, almost cruelly, the woman pulled away from her, leaving June dizzy and sweating. "W-wuh...?" June swayed on her feet with a dazed look on her face. "Nuuuuuu...w-want..." Her arms reached out for a moment, trying to reach out towards the woman, but with the energy from them drained. But without the woman’s body against her, June’s senses started to return. Her neck still felt so good - so very warm and tingly - but June looked around, the poor girl finally noticing the scene she'd made. A few of the patrons were staring at her, but only a few seemed shocked. If anything, it looked like most of the patrons here had been expecting something like this, though maybe not to such a degree. The shock curled through June's brain - the final piece of the puzzle needed to snap her back to reality.

“I-I-I-I…” June stammered for a moment. She wasn’t entirely sure what had happened, but it had felt good. The cobwebs slowly shook from her brain though, as she realised she had work to do! For payment. And payment. “N-n…” she still stammered a bit before shaking her head again. At least for the moment, the peppy young girl had returned. “N-Not a problem!” June looked down at the paper in her hand – an address in the West District, somewhere June had never actually been before, now that she thought of it. “Well, no time like the present to find out about it!” June looked back up at Deb – trying not to look at her eyes again, and instead looking at her lips. “Those lips..." she murmured, but once again managed to shake it off. “I’ll be back before you know it! Don’t worry, miss! I’ll have it back before you can say, uh...” Unfortunately, she quickly realised it was going to take a lot longer to say anything that fit. “Well, I’ll be back! And I’ll have your goods and all the me that you could want!” she exclaimed, before nearly dashing out the door, dodging around the rather surprised staff as she headed out towards the West District.

--

After about a half-hour of power-walking, only slight distracted by the warm tingle on her neck, June made quick time in heading to the West District. Though she did look around as she power-walked through the South District, to her surprise, she didn’t really find herself looking around much, and was particularly focused on the mission in front of her. A part of her wondered why that was, but deep down in her brain something knew, just refusing to tell her yet.

The West District was not the kind of place that June would have typically gone if she didn’t have any reason to be here. The sea was nice, sure, and the markets did have some nice baubles and shinies, but with a lack of money there wouldn’t be much worth buying – even though there were a couple of cute airship toys that did capture her eyes for a moment. If she wasn’t already busy, she might have bought one, but duty called!

The further she went in to the district the less of the markets she saw besides a few buskers and street salesman, and the more she saw of large, burly men carrying loads of supplies back and forth. She had to admit, while there were only a few she’d have ogled, many of them were actually not so bad looking as she’d have thought. She couldn’t help but think a few might have hit a six…though as she realised that, there was a sudden realisation that the paper the woman from the Velvet Goose had given her was in her hand, even though she’d had no inclination to take it out. “How weird.” she murmured to herself. She looked at it again and checked the address, confirming it. A warehouse near one of the piers on the edge of the West District. June looked around as she kept walking towards the piers, trying to ignore the strange sense of danger she was getting from the alleyways that stretched out into dark corners of the world. With someone, she might not have felt so worried, but alone, she wanted to be out of here as soon as possible. The Velvet Goose felt like paradise compared to here.
Word count: 1019
The Unreliable Narrator
Character
Level
23 / 23 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

Gregs hated the late winter nights in the docks; They were agonizingly slow, and all the weird ones came out during the winter. When it was summer he’d deal with young folks looking to earn some coin doing the evening doing deliveries. When the winter chill came only the strange and desperate came to his window. They caused more trouble than they were worth.

When he spotted a young looking girl gripping a bit of familiar paper with her life down the way he started. He rubbed his eyes, wondering if the frost was playing tricks on him, but she didn’t disappear. She looked lost, which he expected, there were no real addresses to the block of buildings he worked in.

“Miss, over here mayhaps!” he called out, offering a wave. He knew he looked dangerous, like some sort of vile shopkeep looking to overcharge and mug you when you’d left. He needed to wear many layers to keep out the cold, and the more inviting you appeared the more trouble the strange ones gave.

He turned up the strength of his lantern, hoping the light would push back some of the sense of danger. Then he warmed his hands, preparing to do the job he was paid to do; Accept the paper, hand over the goods, ask no questions, give no answers.
Last edited by The Unreliable Narrator on March 15th, 2020, 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Word count: 226
Spirits of Adventure
Character
Unlimited Adventurers
Level
24 / 24 HP
19 / 19 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

It took a little while for June to get her bearings, surrounded by so many things as she was. So many new things to see. A part of her wanted to start scaling the buildings, and if she wasn't already busy she might have seriously considered it. Alas, duty called. Fortunately, so did one of the men in front of one of the warehouses. June looked at him. Unfortunately, he was not a cute boy - but he did look like he could probably bench press her with relative ease. Then again so did half the men in this district.

June walked over to him. "Heya! You the man with the plan? Er, shipment?" While she was a little reluctant at first, June did pull out the piece of paper and hand it over to him with a smile. He didn't bother returning one though, simply nodded and went off to pick the required goods. June tapped her foot impatiently as she looked around. There were people all around looking at her. Not that June was entirely sure why, nor did she really care. She was just itching to get out of this place as soon as possible. Granted, mostly to get away from all the creepy people around here, but also--

"Here y'are, Miss." The man pushed out a small crate on a little cart. "You take care of it now. Next shipment ain't coming for another month." He nodded, about to turn before he noticed something. "You got a bug bite yeh, eh? Pesky little bastards."

June stopped. "Huh? What are you talking about?" she asked.

"You rub your neck any more like that an' the korcai'll smell your blood a mile off!" he said, with a slight laugh, before retreating back into the warehouse.

"I'm...?" June stopped, and suddenly realised her fingers were pressed up against her neck, idly rubbing back and forth against a single spot on it. "Why am I doing that?" she murmured to herself, pulling her fingers away. It certainly seemed a bizarre thing to do, and she was sure nothing had touched her neck since--

June suddenly started flushing up again. Memories of heat consumed her and for a moment she stood there dazed. She needed to return to the Velvet Goose, as fast as possible. Putting her effort behind the crate, she slowly started pushing it back down the road where she'd come. She was moving quickly along the road, and though the crate bumped up and down a bit, she was determined to bring everything back in one piece. The mission to do so felt like something she absolutely had to complete.

Though she still couldn't help shooting off a few looks into the alleyways, slightly worried about what might be looking in them. The sooner she had this delivered, the better.
Word count: 472
The Unreliable Narrator
Character
Level
23 / 23 HP
20 / 20 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c

The streets were chill with the last vestiges of winter, uneven cobblestone from decades worth of wagons and boots over the past hand of years. Shipping and industry had been on the rise since the sudden influx of adventurers and hadn't slowed in the slightest since. This was wonderful for the businesses and merchants, the constant flow of course opening opportunities no one had even considered. It was far less so for the Maintainers guild.

No one ever thought about the increasing damage to the streets until something went wrong, and tonight was the sort of night that would cause a good deal of thinking in the morning. Three entire wagons worth of goods filled the intersection. There'd been a loose stone, the snap of wood, and then the ensuing lean of the overloaded transport. When the dust settled a cacophony of shouting replaced the sounds of scattering goods.

Now there were drivers shouting and enterprising vultures circling for their chance before the watch arrived. It was the sort of situation you expected dangerous things to happen during, the kind of moment parents warned their children about when they sent them to collect vegetables from the market. Accidents drew thieves, big ones drew desperate thieves, desperate thieves were more likely to do something that ended with violence.
Word count: 217