Sincerely, Adira

Feeling new and lost in the woods? Stop by and post a topic introducing yourself! How did you get to Khy'eras? What's your favorite song, movie, food, drink, etc.? How long have you been roleplaying? Write as little or as much as you want.
Adira
Writer
=One s m i l e is all I need=

Sincerely, Adira

Post by Adira »

I love reading introductions and I always want to participate with one, but I find that I always draw a blank at first with writing them. But hello, I am Adira, and it's wonderful to meet all of you. Some things about me are that I've been roleplaying for 10+ years and I've always had such a love for the creativity of writing a story with other people. I think it's beautiful to experience another persons original content. I'll probably be mostly known for my 1000+ thank yous, and how all my posts will have 100+ edit counts on them. Lol.

As for ten things about myself:
1. I enjoy reading other people's threads/posts, so if you get a thank/like from me it's because I've read your work. ♥
2. I live in Canada, in a place where more than half the year is winter which causes me to hibernate during those months, lol.
3. I suffer from anxiety and so I don't use discord/skype/etc at all because real-time group settings are extremely stressful to me, but I'm more than happy to speak through PMs with anyone since they don't harbor that REPLY IMMEDIATELY factor. xD
4. I am...a very heavy site lurker, you'll see me on every day multiple times a day, constantly clicking the activity list and looking around. \o/
5. I generally have a habit of writing a lot OOCly. This can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how much you like reading. I'm certain some of you have already seen how much I write from the few OOC posts I've written already.
6. My character's to me are more than just fictional beings on a paper. I care about them like people, and because of that it's very hard for me to stop playing a character or make a brand new one...since I just have my permanent cast of creations that I bring with me to every site I join.
7. I am roommates with Aine! My best friend who I also cart to every site I join. xD
8. When I'm not writing, or stalking other people's writing, I draw, work on graphics, I play games mostly, some of my favorites are: The Long Dark, Skyrim, Breath of the Wild, My time in Portia, Subnautica, CIV:City Rome, Thea: The Awakening. I don't watch movies/shows very often, but some of my favorites include: A discovery of Witches, Burden of Truth, Anne with an E (S1 only), Ophelia, I am Dragon, Patema Inverted, Flipped, Ever After: A Cinderella Story. And I play one mobile gamed by the name of Love Nikki. xP
9. What else, um, oh yes! Something people find weird about me is that I don't swear or drink, or smoke, and I'm not a christian?? It happens more times than I care to count! But despite not doing any of those things IRL, if it's in my character's personality then I'll write it, but for my own comfort I star words out like this: b***h. Again, though I don't expect or need that from my roleplay buddies.
10. I don't like horror or graphic things, but I'm okay with writing those things as long as they are done tastefully. As in not an entire paragraph explaining what it looks like to sever someone's head. >>

It was really hard writing this! I kept wondering what else to add! But the list 10 things about yourself really helped push me along to write more and I even thought to add two more questions that were roleplay related. <3

Strongest Rp Perk:
I am very flexible with communicating with my roleplay buddies, and am always full of ideas for plots.

Weakest Rp Perk:
I...am awful at character profiles. I take so long to write them and am never satisfied with describing my characters looks. OTL;;;
Last edited by Adira on October 3rd, 2019, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Sincerely, Adira

Post by Memoria »

I'm so attached to my characters too! I have a handful that I really enjoy playing. My character - Wish - has gone through a number of deaths in previous games (lol) and in this version of Khy'eras, I'm creating her as something new just because I like playing her and it feels comfortable. I'm trying to figure out ways to fit in my other old characters, but it's not as easy. ;) I do have a new character worked out, but I need to get the motivation to actually push forward with something... uncharted!
Noire
Writer

Re: Sincerely, Adira

Post by Noire »

Ah, a fellow New Antarctican! I'm from the part of the country that's already experienced our first winter snowfall :P It's always fun to bamboozle people by talking about how warm this -20C day is, isn't it?

Looot of gamers around here, I haven't been on an RP forum with so many since an actual fandom board! I haven't played very many from your list outside of the two most popular, Breath of the Wild and Skyrim - have you played any of the previous TES series? In Skyrim, are you a fellow "I'm gonna be wa- damnit, stealth archer again!" player, or do you have the magical ability to commit to other character types? Also if so, can you teach me?

I've recently thrown up an art thread. We have a Discord channel for it, but sometimes it moves too quickly and it's not very good for reference, y'know? You should definitely throw something up in there - I love admiring all the crazy different styles everyone has! For example, I can't draw traditional at all, but I had a friend who could do some crazy things with pencil and paper. Colouring their stuff was basically how I got my start, ha

I totally love PM plotting if you ever want to chat thread ideas!