Introductions are not my forte.

Friendly Neighborhood Ghosty Boi.

Feeling new and lost in the woods? Stop by and post a topic introducing yourself! How did you get to Khy'eras? What's your favorite song, movie, food, drink, etc.? How long have you been roleplaying? Write as little or as much as you want.
The Shepherd
Writer

Introductions are not my forte.

Post by The Shepherd »

Sup, I'm James.

I am 28 years old, I live in 'Murica and I found this website on RPG-D.

I've been roleplaying on and off since I was 12 years old, from Yahoo Message boards fighting other children in T2 combat to the days of Gaia Online, where I again fought other children but this time in T1 combat. The past few years I've been migrating from 'world' to 'world' as they come and go.

As a writer I'm middling, and I have no delusions that I will one day be Steven King. Yet my passion for the hobby is deep, and I hope that my ideas and stories interest others enough to tolerate my technical deficiencies as a writer. While as a youngin I loved combat focused RP as of the last few years my interest has shifted more to story driven, character centered stories - yet I also understand the requirement for some action, and I try to balance both into interesting stories.

As a person I'm an over night security guard and life long martial artist. I prefer not to write lists of my accomplishments, as it always made me feel a bit embarrassed, but as I've found it's often asked in these introduction posts so I'll list my martial arts experience here and risk looking like a blow hard.

Folk (scholastic) Wrestling (No Ranking System)
Kyokushin Karate (2nd Degree Black Belt)
Judo (2nd Degree Black Belt)
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (Purple Belt)
Baoding Shuai Jiao (No Ranking System)
Sanda/Sanshou (No Ranking System)

Outside of martial arts I enjoy shooting sports, both archery and firearm; anime and general 'weeb' stuff and vintage motorcycles.
Memoria
Administrator
* { display: coffee; }

Re: Introductions are not my forte.

Post by Memoria »

Hey James! Welcome to Khy'eras!

I'm looking forward to seeing what characters you develop here, and especially since you chose a Ghost as your main character. We don't have too many and I'm excited to see what kinda stories people will act out with them.

Also, I'll be sure to never to get into a physical fight with you. xD That list of martial arts is pretty impressive!
Noire
Writer

Post by Noire »

Oh lawdy, yahoo message boards... I was a Yahoo Clubs person myself, starting out in the weeee days of the internet when making a call killed the whole connection.

As a martial artist, do you have any favourite movies or TV shows for it? My friends have shown me to Kung Fu Hustle and the TV show, Into the Badlands for fun examples of action, but it's certainly nothing I have any mastery about.

I periodically drift in and out of anime.. my favourites are still probably the "oldschool" stuff I grew up with 10+ years ago, such as Trigun and Cowboy Bebop. I know I should really watch Attack on Titan already and some of the other new stuff, but alas - I think I'm good for a while after Made In Abyss!
The Shepherd
Writer

Post by The Shepherd »

@Noire:If you want Martial Arts flicks and you don't mind subs I'd recommend anything made by Iko Uwais; the fights have no grounding in reality, but they look cool and are good movies besides. The 'classics' of his are the Raid and the Raid 2, the kitchen fight scene in the Raid 2 is possibly the greatest fight scene of all time.

Dozens and dozens of old Chinese classics, but of course the The 36th Chamber of Shaolin is incredible.

As for anime I'm a weirdo when it comes to anime, so I'm a bad person to recommend.

@Memoria: Thanks for the welcome! I gotta say, for a small and new site the actual look of it is what really drew me in at first. The lore is very well formed and easily found as well, which is great.
Jess
Writer
Comedienne

Post by Jess »

Hello and welcome, James! It's a pleasure to have a new addition to the group! I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Adira
Writer
=One s m i l e is all I need=

Post by Adira »

Hello James! It's great to meet you officially in your introduction thread. I've actually already stalked your character Druilin and think the idea of a ghost being the one to guide others was really clever. ♥

I've been on Gaia Online at one point, but was always too shy/intimidated to join in any of the rp groups there. I mostly stuck to onexone on messenger until a friend tried really hard to get me to join a forum rp and that's where I've been ever since.

It's really awesome you have a passion for writing. I've thought of writing my own book before, but I have too many ideas that they all end up going nowhere. The only martial arts I did was like an after school program in grade 3. Lol, but I love archery, bought myself a bow back in high school and practiced all the time. But I had to give it up due to medical reasons.

I hope you enjoy your time here and look forward to seeing more of you and your work on Khy'eras.