[Mature] The Velvet Goose - For What Ails You [Completed]

A tavern dedicated to the rougher sort of patron and seedier sort of business

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c
Race: Human
Class: Rogue

Re: [Mature] The Velvet Goose - For What Ails You

Post by Artemis Black »

He took the second morsel of cheese, as his cloak of confidence settled in, it was far tastier when he was expecting it. "Give me a moment, and I'll get it out. Though I can't promise there won't be a dent," he said, continuing to slowly eat. He was starting to get fully back into himself and had an idea for getting the blade out.

Then she cut him to the quick, digging into his own wild swings of behavior. "I am terribly glad for you, that the question hadn't ever come to mind. Everything has a price, a value of exchange, when you've got nothing but your skin." He motioned to the collection of food, "This is decadence I can only afford after several days of far less profitable work than what you offered."

When she sat and described her own day's work, he grimaced. "That certainly doesn't sound like something I'd ever want to be caught doing for a coin." He moved over to the dagger, placed his booted foot along the base of the blade, and slammed the heel down where the metal met the wall. The dagger snapped cleanly with distinctive ping before it clattered to the floor.

He collected the grip and turned to answer her, "I'll take the pay, the clothes, and perhaps a kiss. Go back to the Goose, get my cut of a night's work, and then check with Marcy if there's any work I'm owed." He examined the sheared blade and its pair embedded in the wall. "Then get a new one of these, I imagine. Maybe something with a bit more to it, who knows."

"Did you-" he started, before clearing his throat. "Did you need something else?" he asked, the faintest hint of hope in his voice. He wasn't going to get his spirits up too much. He'd nearly killed her, and she was clearly a busy woman with things to do, and likely little time for a wastrel like himself.
Word count: 332
Katarya Frost
Character
Witch
Level
46 / 46 HP
40 / 40 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 35c
Class: Wizard

Post by Katarya Frost »

Katarya looked up at him from her seat. Did she need something? Yes, she needed something! Him in her bed, preferably without clothes and preferably for several hours. But instead, she shook her head, almost sadly. "No ... no, not that I can think of." She rose to her feet. "I won't insult your pride by offering you charity. But," she gave a small shrug, as if what she was about to say was nothing. "Should you find yourself without a ... proper place to lay your head ..." His words, suggesting at a life she had no idea how to really process, and moved her. "Then this cot is yours, but only for services provided in exchange. I'm not a charity." She said this only so as not to cause offence. The fact was, she would have been more than happy to have him stay ... she imagined closing the shop, letting him take that kiss, retire upstairs.

Instead she stood, and reached into the pocket of her skirts, from which she pulled out a coin-purse. She handed it over. "That should just about cover it," she said. She had not gone so far as to throw in any extra money ... she had no wish to offend him, and she knew that if their situations were reversed, she would have felt uneasy taking extra. "I wouldn't trouble you with fetching my clothes. I'm sure you have more important matters to attend to." She said, without conviction. "I'm sure a runner will be happy to drop them off."

For a moment she looked at him, then took a breath, simply stepped forward and kissed him. This was no peck on the cheek; her hand went to his cheek, and kissed him softly but deeply. When she pulled away after a moment, she smoothed his hair back over his ear, and smiled. "I will see you very soon, Mr. Black." She said, stepping back.
Word count: 319

"Now is the Time, now is Hour, mine is the Magic, mine is the Power"
Artemis Black
Character
Black of the Night
Level
48 / 48 HP
36 / 36 MP
0p / 0g / 1s / 25c
Class: Rogue

Post by Artemis Black »

This was always the strangest part of his line of work. No matter what you did for folks, or how sideways the job had gone, they always got squirrelly when it came time to pay. And yet, here she was, offering him a place to rest in exchange for work. Then simply handing him a bag of coins that felt exactly right. A little dumbstruck, Artemis simply nodded along as she spoke. Again she'd taken the rug out from under what he believed to be steady feet.

Then she was there, the scent of her filling his thoughts, her soft fingers on his cheek, her delicate lips pressing against his own. He moved into the kiss, his hand going to her middle back and pulling her body against him. She moved away, and he felt only a faint ringing in his ears and the rising heat on his neck. When she pushed back his hair, his features split into a boyish grin. She smiled back, and it was like staring into the sun.

He wasn't certain exactly how he'd gotten onto a warehouse roof along Low Road, and yet here he clearly was. Artemis slowed to a stop and fell against a sunlit cupola. What in the ever-loving hells was he doing. He could have been shanked and left for dead six ways to Sunday with all this money on him, and in broad daylight too!

Warm sunlight suffusing his limbs, he realized how similar it felt to holding Katarya close. He started before his mind could spin off into daydreams. This was very bad. The last time he'd gone head over heels like this, two people had gotten stabbed, and a goat had been slaughtered.

With a slap to his greaves, he rose and started a brisk jog along the rolling rooftops. With any luck, he'd slip into the Goose between morning and lunch rush. Then he could finish a simple job, and make a run on the weaponsmiths before it got into the more dangerous hours.
Word count: 338