The Cat and the Sparrow

Helo reconnects with an old friend.

Fellsgard is the foundation of Khy'eras' history and through reconstruction, it is now a vibrant and lively city. People reside here due to mild climate, opportunities, and safety and stability. Adventures often start from Fellsgard. Read more...
Helo Tarran
Character
Thief
Level
24 / 24 HP
18 / 18 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Shapeshifter
Class: Rogue

Re: The Cat and the Sparrow

Post by Helo Tarran »

"You want me to steal from the White Hart?!" He gave a laugh and shook his head. "Did you invite me into your club just to get me killed? There is no way that anything of value in that place is not guarded. And remember who we're talking about here? A weird little crime-family of old, powerful elves!" He watched her face, and the mirth fell from his. "You're not joking." He sighed. "Of course you're not joking. You usually tell better jokes." He took the bottle from her and had a long drink, making a disgusted sound as he handed it back. "Fine. But I do it my way, and I do it alone. I don't want any help ... that way ends up in people being dead, and I very much like being alive. Leave it with me. I'll work something out." Already his mind was turning to think of how he might possibly be able to pull this off.

Helo's eyes narrowed as she spoke of Kit. He wasn't surprised that she knew; Mila knew everything that happened in the slums, and Kit stood out. He wasn't a lord by any stretch, but being clean and well-dressed in a place like this mean you might as well be King of the city!

"He is just a friend of mine. It's complicated, but no; he's not my type." Helo thought for a moment. How could explain this without her exploding into a rage or sticking a knife in his throat. He liked to believe the latter unlikely, but this was Mila Glade, after all! "He's a young mage. Not a very good one, and he lives with Artemis Black at East Hall." He watched her closely. "He is a good kid. He's helping me with a problem - no, I won't tell you what it is, as it won't affect you in any way - and I am helping him. He might live under Black's roof, but he's not working for him, not in any capacity that should worry you. He picks up shopping and cleans floors. He's not 'inner-circle' material, if you ask me. Too good and moral to be mixed up in Black's business. And too good for this. I want him left alone." It was dangerous to make demands, but he needed to be firm in this. "I want your word that he won't be interfered with you by you or yours."
Word count: 406
Mila Glade
Character
Half Elf
Level
24 / 24 HP
17 / 17 MP
0p / 0g / 0s / 50c
Race: Human and Kerasoka
Class: Rogue

Re: The Cat and the Sparrow

Post by Mila Glade »

Mila held out her hands as a sign of acceptance. "Fine! You have my word!" She shook her head and held out her hand for the bottle. "Living with Black?" She gave an amused grunt. "He's lucky then; wasn't so long ago I wouldn't have liked to live under his roof too. Good fighter, clever and smart - well, except when it came to a certain witch of course." She laughed loud as Helo's expression turned sour. "I have nothing but admiration for you both! Katarya was something else! You're lucky you got to get between her legs. I know I sure would have liked to." Mila knew she was pushing Helo here, as it had always been a very sore spot for him. But she also enjoyed how rattled folks got when she dared speak the name of the dreaded Witch of the White Hart!

"As for the job, I'll let you do it your way. But if it doesn't work, then we'll be fucked, Helo." She accepted the bottle and balanced it on her knee. "If we screw it - well, if you screw it up, then you can bet your arse that they won't leave it alone. I might not be one of them fully, but I know enough about Elves to know they can hold a grudge."

Mila took a long drink and then wiped her mouth on her sleeve. "You can go now." She motioned to the door. "And send in Tania when you go. I want something to eat before bed." She gave him a dirty smile and winked. "Good look, Helo and remember: don't fuck it up."
Word count: 274